Chapter 1

"Kanti!" My 18 year old brother, Kitchi, yells as he enters my room.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Are you ready to leave this hell?" He asked excitedly.

"Umm... Whatcha talking about? I'm not adopted nor 18." I ask.

"Well I may or may not be the most AWESOMEST brother-"

"I would say your the most conceited brother." I cut him off smirking.

"Let me finish woman!" He yells.

I nod and give him the ok to speak.

"Anyways. I am very awesome cuz I bought us a house in Australia and I'm adopting you!" He says yelling in excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?!?!" I yell tackling him in a hug.

I've always wanted to go to Australia and leave America... Or California for that matter. It has pretty bad memories and I can't stand being here. You see I've been in this orphanage since I was ten (7 years) and we were never allowed to leave unless we were adopted or 18. No one has even considered adopting us either. Apperently they have something against Indians because everytime we have an interview with anyone they give us dirty looks and ask for white or black kids... It's kinda racist and it sends a negative vibe toward us. I once asked kitchi what was wrong with us when I was 12 and he got mad and said that there wasn't anything wrong with us and that these people where really mean.

"I'm very serious. It's not a huge place but it's really nice, And it's big enough for us. Plus it's 1.5 mile walk from the beach." Kitchi replied.

"How did you get the money?" I ask.

"Inheritance plus the douche bags here let me get a job at 17." He said bluntly.

"Oh my gosh thanks so much kitchi!!" I exclaim.

Kitchi and I have been pretty much inseperable since the incident where we lost our parents...

"Your welcome Kanti. Imma leave you here to pack while I go and sign the rest of the dumb papers." He says walking out.

"Ok." I say and shut the door.

I grab my suit case and stuff it with the little stuff I own. Which consists of clothes and the family picture we took a month before the incident...

Australia here I come.

~•~•~•~•

<AFTER PLANE RIDE AND AT NEW HOUSE>

~•~•~•~•

We walk into our house and Wow... It's beautiful.

It's a two story house... It isn't big but it isn't small. It is furnished. Ki's room is the master bedroom and mine is the one three doors down and it is kind of like a master but a little smaller. My room is beach themed with turquoise and white walls and furniture. And has a walk in closet and my own bathroom.

Ki's room is red and gray with like a punk rock theme, with guitars and skate boards on the walls.

I unpack the little I have and go to Ki's room.

"Hey Ki?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"I'm going to go for a walk maybe go to the beach.. I have money to buy a bathing suit and I'll be home before dinner." I tell him.

"Ok but hold on." He says and rolls off his bed and goes to his closet.

He comes out with a bag. He hands me it and I open it.

It's a smartphone. Not like an expensive iPhone but like a regular smartphone.

"That's all we can afford right now, but incase I need to get ahold of you for some reason..." He says looking down.

"Oh my gosh Ki!! You got me a phone?!" I yell in excitement tackling him for the second time today.

I pull away and he looks at me shocked that I didn't get upset for him not getting me an iPhone.

"Ki, I'm very happy that I have a phone. I've never had a phone before so I don't have high expectations. Thank you so much. You are like the AWESOMEST brother ever." I say smiling.

"Thanks Ka. I put my number in your phone and the emergency number as well." He says smiling.

"Ok thanks Ki. I'll see you in a bit." I say and go downstairs.

------/-----

Hey guys:) new book and I hope ya like it... This one isn't going to have one direction in it... So sorry to all the directioners I guess lol. I'm also sorry it's so short. I didn't want to give away a lot cuz it's the first chapter.

So chapter contest. What do you think my favorite color is? Person who guesses this right gets a follow and dedication:) byyyyyyyeee guys✌️

- love_friends