Chapter 2 - Unfamiliar feelings

You find yourself looking around where all the dorms are, which also happens to be where Taka was investigating.

Should I maybe search with him? Nah, I'll just be in the way. Besides I barely know him!

After finding a closed bathing area, you decide to try and find your dorm, which you hopefully won't need for that long. If all goes well, you could be leaving this place really soon. Obviously not by murdering anyone.

Looking at all the doors lined up in the blood red corridor, you eventually find the one with your nameplate on it.

Okay, as weird as this all is, the artwork for the nameplate is pretty cool!

You read the nameplates on either side of your door and are surprised to see that your room is next to Taka's! On the other side you recognize the illustration of the guy who threatened Monokuma.

So his name is... Mondo Owada? ...Never heard of him.

You open your door and glance inside the room, fearing that something will jump out at you. After a few seconds nothing happens, so you proceed to enter, with a sigh of relief. Inside, you see many things that would normally be seen in a stereotypical teen's room. Bookshelf, wardrobe, desk, table, bed, security camera...

Wait nope that's not normal at all! Who on Earth has a security camera in their bedroom? And that close to where their head would be? An injury is pretty much guaranteed.

Apart from the obvious fact that Monokuma will be spying on you and the giant metal plates on the wall, the room wasn't half bad. You realize that there is another door which you assume leads to the bathroom, so there wasn't much point in checking in there.

I'll check it out when I need to go! For now, I think I'll relax a bit.

Not knowing what to do, you lay on the bed face up, wondering how you got into this situation. This school is supposed to guarantee success to those who attend it, so why must you all live in despair now? Even though there is still a glimmer of hope, you wonder how long that hope will last. You remain still, looking up at the ceiling for hours, thoughts gradually filling your mind.

"Someone will definitely get killed at one point," You sighed out loud, stretching your arms outwards. "It's pretty much inevitable. Since there seem to be multiple violent people here, in different ways obviously." Suddenly, anxiety builds up in your stomach. "I'm not gonna die...right? I...have to live! I have to!"

It becomes too much to handle. You suddenly leap off the bed, sprinting towards the door desperate to escape the worry. Unfortunately this time, you ran straight into the door."

"Ow!" You feel your forehead, checking for any signs of major injury, but luckily there is no sign of blood. Rubbing your head, you pull yourself up from the floor using the door handle to help you. This then leads to you opening the door and losing your balance, falling through the doorway into the corridor.

"Ouch! That hurt." You notice that you had fallen once again onto the floor, but someone was separating you from the ground.

"(y/n), are you okay? You seem injured!" Looking down, you see that Taka lay there on the floor beneath you, probably because of you falling on top of him.

"Don't worry I-I'm fine! Really! I-I just, uh..."

It then dawns on you how awkward the situation you're in really is. Your weight pressing on top of him, his face inches away from yours...

Oh shit this is awkward!

A slight blush crawls onto your face, but hopefully not enough for him to notice.

Thank goodness the lighting here is weird! It should cover the fact that I'm embarrassed.

"I-I'm sorry!" You suddenly push yourself up off of Taka and the floor, attempting to regain your composure and reaching out to help Taka up.

He looks at you with a smile and accepts your help. "Thank you for the assistance classmate! However please be more careful in the future. Are you sure that you're okay?"

"I'm okay, really! I just hit my head on the door that's all. Nothing to be worried about."

"That is definitely something to worry about (y/n)!" His voice slowly increases in volume as he speaks, greatly showing his concern.

"Taka please! I'm still alive and there's no blood, so I'm fine. You shouldn't be so worried about me."

He frowns at you, unamused. "Even though I have not had any friends, I believe that I know how to react when one of them is hurt!" He then grabs onto your shoulders, bringing you closer to him. "You are my friend and so I shall worry! How can you just expect me to not care?!"

"I'm your...friend?" you look up at him, sensing his distress just by looking at his face. "I'm sorry...I just didn't want you to worry! I'm not in pain I'm just...scared."

Taka looks into your (e/c) eyes, the uneasiness slowly melting from his face as he understands the situation.

"I don't think there's a single person here that isn't scared. However it's like you said! THERE IS STILL HOPE!" he suddenly yells in determination.

Wow...Did I really inspire him that much?

"I'm...shocked that my words meant something if I'm being honest."

"Well, they were very helpful! Thanks to you, everyone still has hope, so there should be almost no chance of a murder occurring," he reassures you the best he can.

A smile suddenly grows on your face. The overwhelming anxiety you felt earlier disappears and you feel at ease once more.

"Thank you Taka!" You look up to him, a big smile plastered on your face. "You've helped me a lot and I really appreciate everything you've done for me."

"No problem (y/n)!" he says while doing a cute little salute. "I will continue to support you and assist you when I am needed. After all, what are friends for?"

Taka looks down at his wristwatch, then back at you.

"We should start making our way to the dining hall! It is almost 7 o'clock, so we should be the first ones to arrive!"

"Okay"

You watch as he walks ahead of you, filled with determination. Your face begins to heat up again, causing you to cover your face in embarrassment.

What's wrong with me? Why am I so...flustered? And why do I feel so happy? But I also wanna throw up?? I don't understand this feeling at all!

Slapping your face quickly, you try to resume your calm composure and begin to follow Taka to the dining hall.

I can just ignore my emotions now...right? Whatever they are, I'll figure out what they are later!

-

A/N: I'm so sorry it's been ages since the last update! School started back and I moved house sooo yeah. Things have been quite busy lately, but don't worry! I'll still try to update this as much as possible :) Please tell me what you guys think of this chapter and the fanfic as a whole so far!