four | dan

"I like the hair, the eyes, the mouth is good too, but the nose is too thin, chub it up Danny."

"Phil, do me a favor and never say that again."

It had been a month since Dan first moved back home. It was different in a sense that he was now a full functioning adult, with friends who were also full functioning adults.

Of course they didn't act like it.

"Marker war!"

Hailey poked Dan in the side with a marker and ran across the room squealing.

Dan rolled his eyes but caped the marker he was doing his sketches with and took off after her.

She smiled ducking under a table. Dan motioned for Santi to help him as Phil watched in slight disapproval.

The two brunets attacked from either side of the table, poking her profusely as she scattered from underneath the table.

"Come on kids, we've been working for weeks and Dan still can't draw a nose, what have we become."

The trio booed as Phil scolded them. Phil had apparently become the Dad Friend of the group, despite him being so childish himself.

"Seriously, we leave in ten minutes, Dan can still make a chubby nose, let's do this." Phil clapped his hands and gave them a cute smile so Dan obliged.

Hailey and Santi went to their work station giggling at her inappropriate joke about nude drawings.

Dan could feel Phil watching him over his shoulder as he drew. He didn't do that often when they were young, Dan only let him watch once. Memories of a certain painting flickered in Dan's mind.

"Do you still have the painting?" Dan asked impishly.

Phil giggled. "You mean the painting?"

"Is there any other painting?" Dan looked up at Phil.

They shared a laugh. Dan realized how close they were and he thinks Phil realized it too.

Stars flickered in his eyes.

He blinked, breaking out of his trance.

"Hey, Phil, I meant to ask, we're building our dinning table tonight, wanna come over and help?"

Phil smiled and nodded. "Of course, I'm always up to watch you get frustrated over Ikea instructions."

Dan shoved him with his shoulder. "Bring Brian, I haven't see him in ages."

Phil hummed and continued to watch Dan.

Around when Phil moved, Dan and Brian put aside their, mostly his, feelings about one another to give Phil a good few months before he left. Which meant the curly haired boy would hang out with them, Dan learned he wasn't half bad. He was funny, wicked, and just down right mischievous. He also had a dark sense of humor, at times the two would be the only ones laughing at certain jokes they would tell the group.

Yeah, Brian was awesome. Dan knew that much.

"Alright, come one boys, Santi said he would pack up, dinning table here we come." Hailey threw her coat on as she called out to the boys.

"Let's go pick up that mad lad." Dan commented as they walked outside.

Hailey snorted. "You Brits are so weird."

____

Brian smiled slickly as Dan opened the car door for him. They gave each other the look, the look you only give that one specific friend, you know the one