Van and Zayn

I peered my eyes over the top of my book to see him again. Every time I heard a punch being thrown I would try to refrain myself from looking, but I just couldn’t bear it anymore… it had been happening for too long.

This guy Zayn was amazing… he was an amazing singer that made my heart melt every time I heard it at the school talent show, he was kind of to himself like me, but I knew there was more to him besides being a punching bag to those jack-ass jocks.

I stood up from my comfy place on the bench next to my friend, without her even noticing my movement.

‘This is it…’ I told myself I took one baby step at a time towards the field were the action was taking place, but froze when my gaze met his. Those big brown meeting with mine like they were meant to get lost in each other. This gave me more confidence to keep walking over there seeing the blood trickle over his mouth from his nose.

“Hey!” I shouted, but was unheard.

“HEY!” I screamed even louder, but still I was standing there looking like an idiot.

I knew I had to do what I was dreading, but it was the only way. I walked up to the smallest one hurting Zayn, even though he still wasn’t that small and I slapped him across the face.

He immediately turned towards me. I could see the anger building up in his eyes. I knew that just because I was a girl, I would have no mercy against him… and soon, all of the other jocks stopped and turned towards me, making them drop Zayn on the ground making a thud noise before on of them spoke.

“You little bitch!”

“RUN!” I screamed at Zayn, and he didn’t hesitate. We both ran full speed towards the street away from the jocks that were close behind us.

Before we left the field I could hear my friend Anna yell, “YEAH BUDDY!!!!!!!!”. I laughed to myself as I looked at Zayn. His perfect back hair rushing through the wind as we ran down the sidewalk past all the little shops, he was laughing almost as much as I was. That huge amazing smile plastered across his face

I looked behind me to see the jocks were not too far behind us.

“Follow me!” I yelled to him. I ran around the corner down an ally. I knew this place like the back of my hand. There was a fence with a small opening in the fence that only we could fit through.

“Crawl through here” I said to him as we both squeezed through the hole just in time for the jocks to put their faces up to the fence growling at us. I stuck my tongue out at them and then caught up with Zayn.

We ended up in a coffee shop panting as he put his hand out in front of me.

“Hi,” he said, “I’m Zayn Malik.”

Trying not to sound nervous as hell, I breathed and replied, “I’m Van.” Escaping a small smile. 

xReed Stewart (trawetsdeer)