01 | What If A Black Girl Knew

What If A Black Girl Knew.

What if a black girl knew?
That she would be desired by others only if she desired herself.

That beauty is not a shade but a mindset
And the best indicator of it is self confidence,
As I talk some sense insert here confidence...

What if a black girl knew? That her lips were plump and beautiful, that she does not need to hold them in, Make them thin, Does not need to rely on Kylie Jenner to make her lips an attainable thing.

What if a black girl knew? That there is no such thing as a perfect nose, Because a nose isn't meant to be perfect it's meant to help you breathe and if u can breathe black girl You've succeeded.

What if a black girl knew? That to be ratchet is a culture, Defined by the black Goddess's who's weave could be any colour.

And who's speech could be any kind of cross from slang to misplaced grammar Such creativity so what does it matter? Miley Cyrus does not need to twerk to generate praise for our culture.

But...What if a black girl knew? Not to be bitter That her father, like her sons were raised by black hands And you see in your father what you eventually see in your man

For the moulding of your father came from similar hands So if bitter is the sculptor then how sweet can be the man?

If bitter is the black girl then how sweet can be our clan?

What if a black girl knew? That her rubies where hidden in the sand...

What if a black girl knew? That her hair too was like finely refined wool And not a fibre of her hair was the opposite of cool but it reflects on our outside the struggle on the inside Where natural meets the straighteners that we take to our hatred, Hatred for ourselves that we project upon each other.

But, what if a black girl knew? That history recorded her as the most sought after That her bossoms where like rain drops that wouldn't dry after.

That her body was a magnet to worldwide wonder and the jealousy was so great! It polluted the perception of a black girl until a thousand years later.

What if a black girl knew? She was that same creature That drove slave masters from wicked hate Right down to love by the curves in her figure eight! by that figure eight! Billion dollar figures in the bank account of that coke bottle corporation launched by the shape of that same figure,eight.

Figure out black girl, figure out. The figures match the years of social degrading Delivered to the black girls demise check your figures media ratings One thousand caucasians on the red carpet only two black girls make the cut.

And they wonder why we can't grow Let me guess because there are more dark girls than Lupita Nyongo.

But, what if a black girl knew? That life is what you make it Opportunities are what you take from it And there will be no female black president if no black girl wants to become It.

What if a black girl knew? Not to be victim Not to be Pacquio but to be Floyd Because this may weather leaves sun rays on our lawn.

What if a black girl stopped waiting for the defeat to spring from our floors.

What if a black girl knew? That she should no longer take the abusive relationship Between her and the media but decided to make wedding bands Between her and her mirror.

What if a black girl knew? Change is possible Greatness is personal And though it is black girls at the bottom of the social totem poll Pressure makes diamonds So it's time black girls to make your diamonds glow.

Knew ? Knew ? Knew?.

Written by Dylema.

******
Thanks for reading ❣️

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a VOTE  🌟. COMMENT AND SHARE.