good morning, love !

*jordyn pov*
when i woke up this morning, i was feeling calmed and relaxed. the boys were still downstairs, asleep i guess, so i went to get jaedyn before my mom left for work. as i made my way to her room, i already heard a couple of voices arguing. jeez, it's barely 7 o'clock and there's already an argument. i knocked on the door and waited for my mom to signal for me to come in. 'come in.' she said. i opened the door and saw that she was on her bed, leaning over to put her shoes on. her nurse uniform was colorful and full of cartoons, because of her working in the department with kids. 'morning ma.' i greeted. she looked up at me and smiled. 'morning sweetie. hows my favorite and only mija?' 'im fine. since you're about to leave, want me to make an oatmeal or coffee for you ?' i asked. my ma worked her ass off to support all four of us, and i wanted to help as well by getting a summer job. 'no chiqui it's okay. i'll just grab me an apple and a water on the way out. are you gonna watch jaedyn today' 'yeah i'll watch him. go now ma before you're late.' i stood up from the bed and kissed her cheek. 'and remember mija, those boys downstairs better not make a mess like the last few times. that's including you too.' she said sternly. i laughed and blew her kisses as i walked out her door.

i made my way quietly towards jaedyn's room, and peeked my head in to see if he was awake. my little big head was standing up in his crib leaning over the side. once he seen me he burst into little giggles. 'hi big head. whatcha doing up so early?' i asked. the cutie just blew raspberries at me and smiled. i picked him up, grabbed his teddy and walked back to my room. and then of course, i heard the garage open and close, with the sound of tires speeding off. there goes ma, i thought to myself. i placed jaedyn on my bed and turned on my speaker. i made sure the volume wasn't loud enough to wake the boys, even though i'm pretty sure they were already awake, wrecking the house and planning to burn the kitchen down. i played songs made by artists like tinashe, jhene aiko, and sydney renae. i spent like a couple of hours in my room with jaedyn just listening to music.
i heard plenty of loud voices downstairs, which meant for sure they were awake. jesus can't i ever catch a break ? then i heard a crash. 'squints what the fuck did you do?' 'SQUINTS' 'dude ! you're gonna pay for that lamp' i opened my door and walked towards the balcony. 'HEY ASSHEADS EVERYTHING BETTER BE IN PLACE THE WAY IT WAS WHEN YOU GOT HERE. I DONT NEEDA BE PAYING FOR SHIT YOU BROKE. SQUINTS YOU BETTER PUT THAT TENNIS BALL DOWN.' i heard a ball bounce on the floor, and then silence. i groaned and went back into my room, shutting the door that separates me from those 9 idiots. i jumped onto my bed and just listened to the music while jaedyn was playing with his toys that were already on the floor.
like half an hour later, i heard a knock on the door. i groaned and went to open the door. expecting it to be kenny, i started off by saying 'i swear to fucking god what do you want you id- oh hi benny.' there stood the boy who was mr loverboy and my best friend. 'what do you need kid ?' i asked. he looked at me, over the balcony, and then back to me. 'i need help. how do you ask a girl out?' he questioned. 'what do you mean?' 'exactly what i said. how do you ask a girl out?' i was shocked. THE benny rodriguez was gonna ask someone out ? woah!
i let him in and he sat on the bed. jaedyn immediately went into benny's lap and i laughed as he acting all babyish towards him. 'okay bighead. in my opinion there are two types of girls. the ones who want to go all out, and the ones who just want to be simple.' he nods for me to continue. 'if you're going for a girl that wants it like a go big or go home type of thing, i suggest like a scavenger hunt. leave notes in her locker, have her friends help out too. and then you could be waiting at the destination, say the football field, with a bouquet of flowers and candy and then ask her.' 'hmm.' he hums. 'go on. what about simple girls?' 'simples don't even care what you do. not like you can be a douche about it and i'd still say yes. no not like that. im saying maybe a rose or two with a night of cuddling and big blankets, watching a movie on netflix. they don't need a bunch of money being spent of them.' i say, finishing my somewhat helpful explanation.
'hmm.' he hums again. i roll my eyes and laugh. 'so then what type of girl is my best friend?' he furrows his brows up and down and smirks at me. i playfully punch his arm and say ' im a simple one. i don't like much money being spent on me.' 'well then,' he pauses, stands up with jaedyn in his arms, ' i guess i'll see you tonight at the drive-in' he finishes. i look up at him in confusion. 'uh what ?' i say. benny looks at me and laughs. 'i said ill see you tonight at the drive in. i'll be ready with my one rose and my best cuddles.' he says. he winks and leaves the room with the baby.
i sat there in utter shock, did my best friend really just ask me out ?