1.9

The drive to Starbucks isn't long

The drive to Starbucks isn't long. I text Jonah the address and he says he'll be there in ten minutes.

I find it strange that Jonah wants to meet up with me just by himself. But I don't question it. He probably just wants to get to know me better without interruption of the others.

I pull into the parking lot of Starbucks and step out. I see a figure standing on the wall with his hood up, hands in his pocket. I pull up beside him.

"You know if you ever try to hide from the cops you'd be caught before you could run." I say to him.

"You could tell it's me?" Jonah pulls the hood down.

"You make it obvious." We walk into the store and wait in the long line. While we're waiting, we joke around, and get noticed by a couple fans, who give me curious looks.

Finally it's our turn to order our drinks. Then we have to wait some more for them to get made.

"Maybe next time we meet we shouldn't do it at Starbucks." I laugh as we walk out of the place.

"What's wrong with Starbucks?" Jonah sounds hurt.

"Nothing it's just the lines are excruciatingly long."

Now he laughs. "If you come all the time you'd get use to it."

I shrug. "I don't drink a lot of coffee. Especially Starbucks coffee. I don't got the kind of money for it."

We silently get into my car. As I'm driving to the park, Jonah suddenly says, "I miss that."

"Miss what?" I don't look away from the road.

"Not having money. Having to depend on my parents."

"What do you mean? It must feel great to have money."

"I mean it does but...it makes me feel like I have to be a responsible adult."

I smile. "But you are."

"I guess." He just shrugs.

It quiets, until I break it. It isn't uncomfortable but I don't like the silence when there's another person with me. "How 'bout we go to the park. I know one that no one goes to."

(:)

The park has been abandoned for over ten years. I used to come here when I was five, but my parents wouldn't take me when they heard that a little girl broke her arm and an ankle from a defaulted jungle Jim. I remember telling her that I didn't care if I broke my arm, I wanted to come to the park.

Well little did I know that this playground had some weird voodoo shit going on and all the kids kept breaking things on the sets.

Of course I don't tell Jonah that or else he would want to leave.
But he does ask why no one comes here.