Chapter 43: A Role Given But Not Earned

Bonnie's P.O.V

"Let me ask you something... why did you choose to not tell me this sooner? Or anyone for that matter," I asked. Freddy let out a huge sigh before talking, indicating it was something he would rather not talk about. "That event changed me, I felt like I was Shadow Freddy. But I should've realized sooner I was starting to change into him," he answered. "But what was the cause of it then?" I asked. "Apparently when he tried to take over my body and failed miserably, his mindset was left behind in me. That's why I was always carried hatred and had no consideration for others. But you made me realize it," he said. "Ever since yesterday and part of today I thought of what I had become. Why everyone disliked me considering I was once a pleasant leader. Except I turned into an asshole." "I... don't blame you. When your attitude changed it affected me drastically. It was one of the reasons why I questioned my existence's purpose to only be used and manipulated my others. But even I never had the thought of what changed you or even have the heart to ask," I said. "Guess that makes two fools," he said chuckling. "I guess so," I responded. There was an awkward moment of silence, I guess he was trying to come up with something to break it. "I need to be straight forward with, but I'm asking you to forgive me. I feel partly responsible for not solving this sooner then I should have," said Freddy. "It's not your fault, you just you wanting to forget that event and it only came back. The feeling is mutual," I responded. "But I can forgive you." "Well I appreciate that," he responded with a small smile. "It's a shame the one who ruined my life redeemed himself, maybe there is hope for those are have taken a dark path." I stared at the ground as I thought about his comment. "Maybe. Just maybe." I could hear someone walking over to us as I turned to see Foxy approaching us. "Puppet be needing you both. It's about Golden Freddy," he said. "Is it good or bad?" asked Freddy. "How about both?" he asked. Me and Freddy looked at each other then back at him. "Alright, we'll go see him," I said. Foxy turned around and walked towards the back room, as we followed behind him. I was hoping the damage wasn't to severe, but even low expectations can the grant higher chances of surprises. As we walked in I could see his legs had been opened to scan the damage done to his wiring. Puppet, Carl, and Chica were surrounding him as they all turned to our sight. As we walked closer to the table he was laying on I turned to Puppet, expecting his answer as promised. "How bad is the damage?" I asked. "Not too bad, but it's a problem that still interferes with what he is limited to," said Puppet. "His legs thankfully are the only things that are broken, though it'll take a day to fix. I don't think we have any replacements parts for the components that are broken." "But we need him! I can't do anything against Shadow Bonnie! I'm powerless!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it," he said. "Can you at least help me?" I asked. "Unfortunately not. I must stay here and repair Golden Freddy, and I might need Freddy's help as well," said Puppet. "Puppet I can repair him, you don't have to spend time helping the weak when it is the helpless who need assistance. The weak eventually regain their strength, the helpless don't have that. Or nothing at all," said Freddy. "No." We all turned to the table to see Golden Freddy slightly looking up. "This is Bonnie's fight, no ones else's." "But I can't defend myself. I'm just a simpleton," I said. "Power isn't what makes someone a hero but what their mind can do and hold within it," said Golden Freddy. "And what does it hold that is valuable to me?" I asked. "The answer to defeating Shadow Bonnie. Because you are him," he said. "I'm nothing like him!" I yelled. There was silence as everyone looked at me. "I'll... be in the kitchen," said Chica excusing herself as left the room. "I don't want to be him," I said. "Regardless, only you know how to end him for good," she Golden Freddy. "That's if I find him," I said. "You know him, he'll find his way to us," responded Golden Freddy. "Take what you've learned and use it against him. We'll see if he knows you well enough, that's his weakness." "I will. And thank you for all the help," I said. "Well we both had one goal. Defeating our inner demons. I defeated mine, now it's your turn," he said resting his head back now. I quickly turned around as I walked outside the room as Foxy followed me. "Where you be going?" he asked as I walked up on the stage as I grabbed my guitar. As I grabbed it I sat down while playing a couple of a tones. Foxy sat from afar as Carl walked outside and stood next to him, embracing Foxy's confusion that they shared between each other. "Squeak, squeak?" asked Carl. "I have no idea what the fuck he's doing," said Foxy. I stopped to look at them, answering their concerns. "If he's going to come to me, then I'll wait for him," I said. "The only thing he should be worrying about is that I'll be expecting him. And this time I'm more than ready to prove we're not the same."