Adhoore Panne part 1

It was a stormy November evening. Winters had set in in Ahmedabad and the thunderstorm further brought down the temperatures. Wrapped in a warm blanket by the fireplace, a young girl of 22 sat at the table writing away something with tears in her eyes..

Dear Diary,
Uske gaye hue 5 saal ho chuke hai pad phir bhi kyu main use bhula nahi payi hoon.. Jise 2 din ki judai samjha tha woh zindagibhar ki judai mein kab badal gaya pata hi nahi chala.. Pehle 1 saal chitthiyon mein baatein hoti rahi.. phir uski chitthiyan hi aana band ho gayi.. Main khat likhti rahi pad koi jawaab nahi mila kabhi bhi.. Kaha hai mera Sameer? Pata nahi kaisa hai woh. Kya woh khush hai? Kaash in sawaalon ka jawaab mil pata mujhe..'

Resting her pen on the table,Naina closed the diary as tears singed her face.. She bit her lips to control her sobs as she held the diary close to her heart.. The diary didn't just contain pages.. but pieces of her heart,which she had managed to keep together despite several storms threatening to break it apart..

Naina was a successful writer today . At her age it wasn't an easy thing to do but she had achieved it with her family and the memories of her first love by her side..
She had everything which she had always dreamt of , except the man of her dreams, Sameer Maheshwari. In 11th standard, Sameer's Nanaji had passed away and he had gone to Delhi to live with his mother. Wish they both knew that it'll be the last time they'll ever meet,the day before Naina left for Kuldevi darshan..

At Mumbai,

A young man dressed in a black business suit was lying on the bed, crying away endlessly, holding on to an old pillow.. and muttering 'Naina..Naina'. It was midnight yet sleep seemed far away from him. The room was dark with not even a speck of light anywhere, yet failed to match up with the darkness in it's occupant's life..
-------
Next Morning, In Ahmedabad..

Naina- Chachaji, chachiji, Preeti aap sab ke liye ek bohut badi khush khabari hai. Meri nayi book jo publish hui hai uske liye mujhe award Milne wala hai. Aur award function Mumbai mein hai. Agle week.Aap sab aayenge na..

Chachaji- Bilkul Aayenge . Main abhi train ki tickets katwata hoon.

Naina- Umm Chachaji agar aapki ijaazat ho to maim kuch keh sakti hoon please.. bas aap mana mat kijiyega..

Chachaji- Zaroor bolo Naina..

Naina- Woh Maine socha ki pehli baar Mumbai jaa rahe hai.. kyu na flight se jaaye. Hum sab. Main chahti hoon ki humsabka flight ka pehla safar saath mein ho. Plzz aur wahaan hotel ,guest house ka kharcha to aayega nahi kyunki hum phulla bua ke wahaan rahenge..

After contemplating for a while, Chachaji agreed to her. Yes ,Naina was earning very well as all her books had been a tremendous success. She wanted to give all possible comforts to her family who had supported her in this journey, hence this idea of a flight journey.

Preeti - Naina, idhar dekh. Tu Sameer ko dhundhne jaa rahi hai na? Tu pagal hai? Jis bhi nayi jagah jaati hai wahi use dhundhne lagti hai .5 saal ho chuke hai. Woh bhool bhi chuka hoga tujhe. Kya pata shaadi bhi kar li hogi.

Naina- Bas Preeti. Aur mat bol. Mujhe pata hai humara pyaar itna kamzor nahi hai ki bhulaya ja sake.. mujhe nahi pata Sameer ne mujhe chitthi likhna band kyu kiya. Kyu aur kaha gaya hai kuch nahi pata.. lekin itna zaroor pata hai ki aaj bhi jab bhi mujhe yaad karta hoga, Uska dil bhi utni hi zoro se dhadakta hoga .. jitna mera dhadakta hai jab main use yaad karti hoon..

Preeti felt like crying on seeing Naina's firm resolve. She knew there wasn't a single chance of Sameer returning.. and she couldn't see her sister still holding onto him..

A week later..

At Mumbai..

A man stood blankly staring at the stars and the moon in the night sky.. He was just a 22 year old but had carried his Grandfather's business to great heights.
Maheshwari Industries was no more confined to Gujarat but had spread to Mumbai and neighbouring states as well. Only ,no one knew about the real owner. He had decided to keep his identity a secret. No one knew his name,his face except a few trusted officials of the company. Even they often wondered why he did so but he never answered them.. He was Sameer Maheshwari..

Sameer , looking at the sky, -' Naina , mujhe nahi pata main kaise zinda reh paya tumhare bagair. Nahi ,kisne kaha tumhare bagair? Tum ho na mere paas,mere saath ,aasmaan ke us sabse zyada chamakte sitaare mein..

Kaash main tumhe apne dil ki baat keh paata. Kaash mai tumse keh pata ki jab bhi main tumhari kamyaabi ke baare mein sunta hoon.. main kitna garv mehsoos karta hoon.. Kaash yeh kaash na hota humare rishte mein.. Kya karu aisi hi jali hui kismat lekar paida hua main.. Main manhoos hoon.. dekho na main tumhare life se door hoon isliye tum itna sabkuch haasil kar paayi ho..' and sobbed hard as he was again reminded of his incomplete love story..

He felt his heart beating erratically and felt himself going impatient.. He had very strong instincts..

'Yeh Kya ho raha hai? Kuch to hone Wala hai. Koi bohut badi toofaan aanewali hai. Kya yeh mujhe aabaad karega ya barbaad nahi pata mujhe'

It was night 10 'o' clock and Naina's flight had landed at the Mumbai Airport. Naina, Preeti ,Chacha and Chachaji boarded a taxi and left for Phulla bua's home...

On the way, The taxi got stuck at a traffic signal. Naina looked outside the window and stared at the sprawling highrise at the other end of the road.

She saw a figure standing at a window of the 2nd floor of the building.. Seeing the figure, her heart muttered one word- ' Sameer' .. before she could look closely the signal turned green and the building went out of her sight..

Next Evening,at Mumbai..

The Anchor- ' The award for the best author,genre Thriller, goes to ,Miss Naina Agrawal'

And the audience broke into a huge round of applause as Naina walked up the steps of the dais with the brightest smile on her face. She was basking in joy as she received the award and gave a short speech expressing her gratitude.
She ended her speech with the lines.
' '
'Har lekhika ya lekhak ki hoti hai ek kahaani jo na kisi ne jaani ho aur jo na kisi ne sun ho. Meri bhi hai ek aisi kahaani.. jo maim aajtak poora nahi kar pai hoon.. par mujhe is baat ka gam nahi hai kyunki mujhe pata hai ki us kahaani ke panne khaali nahi rahenge . Ek din zaroor unmein siyah ke rang bharenge'

And the audience again gave a huge round of applause for her endearing speech..

A masked man stood at the darkest corner of the auditorium clapping vigorously and biting his lips so hard that they were bleeding,trying to rein in his tears.. He said to himself, ' Kitne dinon baad tumhari awaaz suni,tumhe dekha ... Kaash ki main tumhe bata pata ki woh panne khaali hi reh jaayenge.. Kaash maim unmeim rang bhar pata Naina Kaash'

Naina spotted the man and tried to run after him but he ran away . She tried to search for him fervently but he was nowhere to be seen.

Preeti stopped her and said ' Tu kise dhundh rahi hai behen? '

Naina -'Sameer, Sameer aaya tha yahaan mujhe pata hai.. mujhe mere har award function mein uski moujoodgi ka ehsaas hota hai Preeti.. pad samajh nahi paati ki woh humesha gayab kaise ho jaata hai' and broke into tears again.

Preeti -' yeh sirf tera rehem hain. Bahar aa  apni khayali duniya se. Haqeeqat ko samajh Sameer ja chuka hai humesha ke liye.. ab woh kyu aayega yahaan? Aur agar aata hai to chehra kyu nahi dikhata? Samajh rahi hai? Woh teri zindagi mein phir kabhi loutkar nahi aanewala' and hugged Naina to control her..

Chachaji and Chachiji watched them from a distance with tears in their eyes and wished they could do something for her.. but unfortunately nothing was in their hands. Yes they knew everything about Sameer and Naina and that's why they had prevented Taiji from getting Naina married off because they knew she won't be able to be happy unless she moves on from Sameer completely.. but here she wasn't even trying to move on.. she was stuck at the same place where Sameer had left her..