Meet James Potter

"Get up! We're heading to Diagon Alley in 30 minutes!" Faith yelled in her sleeping sisters face. A startled Scarlet jumped and fell on the floor hitting her head on Faith's knee on the way down.

"Ow!" they proclaimed in unison as Faith grabbed her knee and Scarlet clutched her head. "You know, for a Ravenclaw you're not very smart." Scarlet told her sister through clenched teeth as she tried to stand.

"Oh shut it and get ready." her sister said helping her up and leaving the room to get an ice pack.

Scarlet went over to her trunk that she had yet to unpack and pulled some muggle clothes from it on. A bright blue spaghetti strap tank top and dark jean shorts with her favorite black sneakers. She went to the bathroom and looked at her untamable red hair in the mirror, brushing it and pulling it back into a frizzy ponytail. She brushed her teeth the ran downstairs after grabbing her Hogwarts letter off of her nightstand and putting the supplies list in her pocket. She ate her breakfast hurriedly and waited for her mom and sister to finish theirs.

"Mum how're we getting to Diagon Alley?" she asked.

"We're going to use the floo network." she said and got the floo powder off the chimney. "do you remember how?"

"Yep." she said smiling at her mum.

"Good because you're going first." she handed the powder to Scarlet who took a pinch and stood in the unlit fireplace.

"Diagon Alley." she said clearly. Bright green flames engulfed her and she felt a tug as she was pulled through the floo network and finally landed in the fireplace at the Leaky Cauldron near the entrance to Diagon Alley. She stood and shaking the soot off her as her sister came through the chimney followed by her mum. Her mum and Faith shook the soot off them as well and said hi to a few friends as they passed through the little pub.

Their mum soon led them to a brick wall behind the Leaky Cauldron and tapped a few bricks which led to the wall shifting and changing itself into a doorway into Diagon Alley.

"I'm going to go get some gold from your volt." her mum said.

"And I'm going to go find Will. He said he would meet me here today." Faith said waving goodbye and leaving to search for her boyfriend. Scarlet turned to her mother.

"I'm going to go to Flourish and Blotts to browse, I'll meet you there." and with that they both left. Scarlett's mum headed to Gringotts and Scarlet headed to Flourish and Blotts.

She went into the book store and pulled out her supplies list to see what books she needed.

- The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshhawk

- A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

- Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

- A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

- One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

- Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

- The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

She was looking on a shelf for Magical Theory when she heard a dull boom and skunk smell spread through the shop. She looked around the bookcase as a blur of black hair came running and crashed into her, knocking both to the ground.

"Ow!" she said rubbing her head for the second time that day. She was now lying on the floor with a bespectacled boy laying sprawled out at her feet. He got up and Scarlet could see he couldn't be much older than her. He wore round glasses and had messy black hair that seemed to stick out in all directions and looked to be a little taller than she was. He looked down at her and held out his hand to help her up. She took it and stood.