SW & ZYL - YEAR 12018 (11)

"Where are you going?" Zhu Yilong tried not to sound sad. He recalled the loneliness all too well.

"To where I belong." Even after we finish filming, even if you never know who I really am, I, Zhao Yunlan, will always be here for you, my Xiao Wei.

The next day, Bai Yu woke up after having the best sleep since learning about his past life. After accepting the fact that he was indeed Zhao Yunlan, his heart and mind felt so liberated, and when he saw Zhu Yilong, he was truly happy to see him, his beloved Xiao Wei.

"You're looking much better today. Did you have a good rest? Zhu Yilong asked, studying Bai Yu's face.

That was an understatement, for sure.

"Yeah, and I had my elephant, too," Bai Yu replied.

"Your elephant?" Zhu Yilong looked puzzled.

"Yeah, you know that thing you had, that epi-whatever thing, Prof. Dictionary-for-a Brain," Bai Yu grabbed Zhu Yilong's head in a friendly headlock.

Epiphany, Zhu Yilong laughed inside.

I know what the word is, Xiao Wei. Bai Yu smirked.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The set was a much more cheerful place, thanks to Bai Yu returning to his old fun-loving self. Not only was he the leader in the drama, but also on the set as he basically set the general mood. Even Zhu Yilong seemed to relax, obviously relieved that his friend was happy again. Bai Yu was grateful to him for not prying, but for letting him know that he was there for him. He would catch him staring at him as though trying to figure out something, and then would turn away and blush. Hmm, was he starting to have a crush on me? Before the drama started, he would have run for the hills. Now he found himself oddly flattered, pleased, in fact.

Zhu Yilong was never the touchy-feely type, but Bai Yu was obviously into skinship, and in the beginning would gracefully and sometimes not so gracefully push Bai Yu away. Rejection only fueled Bai Yu's naughty fire and he would hang onto and tease Zhu Yilong even more, often with improvisations during filming. 

Deep down Zhu Yilong welcomed all this attention, a definite "sweet" in his life

Deep down Zhu Yilong welcomed all this attention, a definite "sweet" in his life. Eventually he found himself unconsciously sitting up against Bai Yu, returning Bai Yu's touch, enjoying the warmth from the interaction.

Although Zhu Yilong tended to be a conversation killer whenever he joined in, Bai Yu would pick up the talk and continue on, so that he would not be too embarrassed

Although Zhu Yilong tended to be a conversation killer whenever he joined in, Bai Yu would pick up the talk and continue on, so that he would not be too embarrassed. He blushed a lot, but otherwise seemed to be quite stoic most of the time. So it came as a pleasant surprise to everyone when he just could not keep a straight face during Chu's "feminine" scene and caused several NGs, very unusual for him!

The series started airing on TV, and although everyone agreed that the story and CGI were not good, the show because very popular because of the acting skills and chemistry of Bai Yu and Zhu Yilong. The cast did a meet-and-greet with the Guardian Girls, and there were many, many TV interviews. Zhu Yilong was not good at banter, but Bai Yu was in his element and carried them out with a good balance of the both of them.

For Bai Yu, seeing Zhu Yilong happy with others became a sort of mission

For Bai Yu, seeing Zhu Yilong happy with others became a sort of mission. He had suffered alone so much as the Black Cloaked Envoy and even as Zhu Yilong. He wanted to make his Long-ge smile more.

It was a beautiful day, and the sun shining in through the window felt good against their backs. They sat quietly, reading their scripts as they often did. Bai Yu admired his Long-ge's long eyelashes. Zhu Yilong looked up and smiled, his cheeks slightly pink. There were some specks of dust on his glasses so Bai Yu gently removed them to wipe them. Gosh, Long-ge had such beautiful eyes, and he found himself drawn to his lips which were so cute when he made those ducky lips. Zhu Yilong's eyes first widened with surprise, then softened, a silent "yes" as Bai Yu brought his face closer. Just one little kiss, just to see what it would feel like...

  Just one little kiss, just to see what it would feel like

*

*

*

*

*

Bai Yu jumped up, startled by shouting coming from his phone which was turned up to the highest volume - who the heck did this??? On the screen was Zhu Yilong's smirking picture. Funny guy. Bai Yu looked around so that he could throw a pillow or something at him to get back. But the real Zhu Yilong had disappeared. In fact Bai Yu was in his bed, and it was morning. It was just a dream, but it felt so real. And it felt...so right.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N:

Lots of pictures and videos!  I didn't think much of Old Chu's scene until I saw the NG video, and that made me go back and watch that segment again (Episode 25, from about 12:07).  The "Oppa!" scene is there, too.  The interview is subbed, thank goodness, and the first 2 minutes or so are fun.

Remember the Chicken Fat song that Won Shik used to wake up Yong Chul in their previous lifetime?  Too long ago?