Added Complications

Monster, monster, monster, monster
Now run away, run away, run away
I'm a monster, monster, monster, monster
So run away, run away, run away
Now you're the monster.

_____

The afternoon sun shone brightly through the living room window as I sat with my legs crossed on the couch, awaiting the speech that I suspected my counterpart had memorized in his head. That was how I'd learned he liked to get his point across. Whenever I did something he disliked or wasn't sure about, he'd take a couple minutes to plan out the conversation in his head before coming to me about it.

Arthur sat on the couch next to me, his hands folded neatly on his lap as he stared off in thought, almost like he was debating what to say. I'd never witnessed him second guess anything he did, so I found it quite strange.

"So, here's the deal." He started after a minute, earning my attention. "There's a world meeting in two days, and it's very important that I be there..."

As he continued to speak I pieced together what he was saying in my head. Meeting. Out of town. He'll be gone for at least two days...If I get back to Luciano, maybe then we could-

"...And you're coming with me."

No no no no no! Not now...I was so close...

I blinked. "Me..?" I asked, pointing a finger towards my chest. "Go to...a world conference..? With you..?" 

The blonde scratched the back of his head. "Yes. I'm assuming that your living with me is going to be more of a perminent arrangement than I thought, so I might as well introduce you to the others. Besides, it might be helpful to have you there when I try to explain the whole parallel dimension thing.."