doppleganger?? ~ chapter 2

after last nights events i was still thinking about that mystery boy. yes i do know his name but i don't know who he is therefor he is mystery boy. i was waiting all morning for a call or text from this mystery boy, but nothing.

i decided to just put all that in the back of my head and focus on work. i wake up early in the morning just because i like to have a couple hours to myself before i have to get to work. i work for a big enterprise called dolan. i'm not sure who that is but i just have a boring desk job.

i have to get to work at around 8am and currently it is 7am and i have a long drive up there so i decide to start getting ready. i get in the shower, do my makeup, hair, brush my teeth, all things like that. i'm finally really and it is 7:30am. "oh my god, i'm gonna be late" i rush around my apartment and get my things together. got my keys, locked the door and left.

i arrived to work 20 minutes late. when i went to the front desk, the receptionist said "ah aaliyah, you've decided to join us today". i said back to her "i always come to work, i was just a little late today".
she said "yeah well whatever, anyway mr dolan would like to see you in his office."

i was shocked, i had never seen mr dolan, i didn't even know what he looked like, even though i work for him. alarms started going off in my head. what did he want? am i going to get fired? is it because i was late today? i panicked in my head but i tried to look calm about it. "okay thanks kelly" i said to kelly the receptionist. "don't worry, girl. by the way, don't be nervous, i'm sure you haven't done anything wrong." kelly said to me.

i exited the lift and i had arrived at his office. it was on the 69th floor. i started to get nervous as i knocked on his door.

"enter" a deep male voice abruptly said.
"uh, hi i'm aaliyah, i got told you wanted to see me?" i said shaking a little.
i still couldn't see his face as his whole office was dark red and he was facing away from me.
"ah yes, little aaliyah, come closer please, i don't bite" he said quietly.
little? was he trying to flirt with me? this all seemed so weird. i walked closer to him until i was right behind him. he turned around and i was shocked to see his face.

i gasped. "grayson, oh my god, i'm so happy to see you again." i screamed as i jumped and hugged him.
"excuse me? i don't believe we met before". he said to me, looking a bit confused.
"grayson, we met last night and had a bit of a fun night, remember"! i said to him, a bit confused as to how he couldn't remember last night.
"oh, there clearly is a big mistake here, you must be talking about my brother, im ethan, his twin"! he said.
"oh my god, i'm so sorry mr dolan, i didn't realise you had a brother and that i was talking about your brother thinking it was you." i said all embarrassed. my cheeks blushed.
"oh it's quite all right, it happens a lot" he said to me, feeling the slightest bit of sympathy for me.

" i'd better go" i said feeling like an idiot.
"no, aaliyah it's okay, you don't have to go. i needed to talk to you" he said to me.
"oh okay." i said back.

"please, take a seat. tell me all about yourself."
mr dolan said with quite a big smirk...