Fantasy Crushed

A/N: I hope I have peeked your interest, but if not I will post a couple more chapters to really give you an idea of where this story is going.

___________________________

I hadn't seen Shiro for a while, so I decided to use my precious time to read my book, 'Scarlet Saviour'. I had read through the book to the end and liked it so much, that I started reading it again.

Mother approach me at the base of my designated reading tree. It was the most comfortable tree branch, that Mother and even Prince Zen used before me. "What are you reading? I never knew you were into reading."

"I never knew how interesting they could be. This book, is so far the best I have ever read. Mostly because it is the only book I have ever read, but that's not important. It's called 'Scarlet Saviour'."

"What is it about?" She sat next to me.

"A hero named 'The Red Whirlwind'. He was amazing!"

"Oh?"

"Yes, but it is also very tragic."

"How is it tragic?" Miko had a slightly concerned look on her face. I didn't know why.

"In the end, he dies."

"What do you mean, dies?"

"He had to choose to save himself, or the orphans. So he died."

I was taken back by my Mother's horrified expression. She finally regained her voice. "Can I see that?"

"Sure." I handed her the book, not sure if I should be worried or not.

She read the book so fast. I can't believe it. I watched as her eyes grew wide. Then I heard her say under her breath. "... Tancity..." She placed the book back in my hands and left me alone with my thoughts.

She never even said good-bye. That was so unusual for her. Knowing adult behaviour, I wasn't supposed to stick my nose where it didn't belong. Maybe I would ask her later, when she had a chance to calm down. I thought she read books all the time. Why did she say, Tancity? I'm so confused. It is just a fictitious story. I kept mauling over these thoughts and didn't return to my book. The more I thought about it, the more I worried. I slapped my face. "Snap out of it! Mother has lost composure before... it happened once... I mean she... ahhh... she... what is wrong?"

___________________________

I hadn't seen so much commotion, than I did the next day. I saw Prince Zen, Father and Amari getting on horses at the gate. I ran as fast as I could. I had to know what was going on. Princess Shirayuki stopped me. "Rysa! Stop!"

"What's going on? Where is everyone going?" I asked in a growing panic.

"Y-your Mother... she's gone."

NO! SHE CAN'T BE! GONE WHERE?!

"They are going to look for her. Don't worry! They will find her." Shirayuki reassured me.

"What happened?"

"All we know, is that she isn't here at the castle. Beauty has returned without her. I wouldn't worry. Miko has been through a lot more troubling situations than this." Shirayuki smiled.

At the sound of the whistle, I looked to the skies to see that they were going to use the bird to find her. I released my breath. Mother has a bell on her, they will find her. Everything will be alright.

I waited at the gate for them to return, until Tancity came over to get me.

"Come! Everything is going to be fine. We should get something to eat. We missed breakfast, so I am guessing you are pretty hungry."