|• Chapter One: Part Two •|

Chapter One: Part Two: UNEDITED

Scintilla | sinˈtilə | noun | a tiny
spark of a specified quality
or feeling.|

    ________________________________

     Anson stopped the car once we pulled into the graveled driveway. He didn't speak, not even when he had shut off the car. I sat quietly in the passenger seat, holding back the words, and sounds that I wanted to make. The driver's door opened, and Anson stepped out of the car. I watched him walk up to the garage, typing in the six digit code.

     I pushed open the door, biting down on my lower lip as I got out shutting the door behind me so I could enter into the garage with Anson. We didn't speak a word.

       The house was silent when he walked in, besides the faint volume of a tv going in one of the rooms upstairs. I kicked off my shoes, and took off my jacket.

     "Will?" I yelled, "are you guys home?"

      "Coming! Just a minute!" Will's voice echoed through the house from what it seemed like his study. I stepped into the living room, watching Will push back the bookcase which revealed his hidden study.

     "It's nice to see that you two are back alive, Leanna is upstairs with Brandy. They're watching some movie." Will said gently. He pulled me into a slight hug, "You doing okay?" He whispered into my ear.

     I could tell he asked that from some expression Anson was giving, or the fact that Anson and I haven't seemed talkative since we got home–even though that was only five seconds ago.

     Will pulled away from my small frame, "Whatcha do to your hand?" He asked, "And Ansons face, damn you two must've gone for the fighters huh," he nudged my shoulder, which caused me to tense up a bit. I faked a laugh and smiled,

    "No, I was just stupid and let my knife slip, and Anson hit his head while trying to get some cookies for Brandy,"

   "Seriously cookies? And none for me?! Come on brother!" Will joked. Anson laughed.

       "Yeah no cookies for you!"

       "Finnneee," Will laughed.

    "Well, anyways, you better check Ella's hand though, she wouldn't really let me do anything about it," Anson said. His voice was at a low tone, simply because he was done with today. I could tell just by looking at him.

   "Well, are you two okay though?" Will took my hand into his, and opened the rag slowly, "ouch, how about I go get you some ice, or at least some gauze, either way, Brandy's going to see it," he pursed his lips.