|• Chapter Four: Part One •|

Chapter Four: Part One: UNEDITED

      Induratize | in-dur-a-ize | Verb | to make one's own heart harden or to be resistant to someone's pleas or advances, or to the idea of love |
________________________________

      Induratize | in-dur-a-ize | Verb | to make one's own heart harden or to  be resistant to someone's pleas or advances, or to the idea of love |  ________________________________

________________________________

The bookshelf creaked open as I pushed the shelf inwards. Slowly, I stepped into the hidden room, shutting the door behind me. "Hey,"

"Shit Shit Shit!" William shouted. He sighed heavily and ran his hands though his tousled hair. I walked up to his desk,  and sat down on one of the leathered seats,"Will I-,"

"Give me a second Anson, hold on, hold on..." he grumbled, typing viciously at his keyboard. I sighed, grabbing one of the pens and clicking it.

"Can you please stop clicking the pen, it's very obnoxious, please, I'm trying to focus..." Will groaned, he kept typing at the keyboard. I continued to click the pen, propping my feet up on his desk.

"Anson- ughh- would you- you know what-" William reached over, and snatched the pen from me, scribbling down some words on the notepad in front of him,"Can you remember these numbers for me?: 2, 25, 99?"

"Sure, whatever you want," I crossed my arms around my chest,"Whatever you want,"

"Thank you,"

William looked between the computer and the paper scribbling down notes as fast as he could. His handwriting looked like a second graders; sloppy and illegible.

I dragged out a muffled groan, tipping my head back and then I made eye-contact with my brother. He brought his hands up to his face, and drew in a long sigh.

"You know, I really hate it when everyone thinks I can do this job by myself. Leanne doesn't even know the half of all of this investigating shit, and there's just so much that goes down to it. This victim were going after is some serious deep shit, and I'm not sure what exactly to do about it. Whoever they are seem so...hidden, it's like they've been in the business and they know how it works."

"But that isn't possible," I assured,"we could be after someone who's done our job before, I know there's a few groups around the nation...most of them are usually runaway though,"

"If it is and if we're after someone we know it probably won't be too good; but I don't think we are their names Rixton, or at least that's their alias," Will asserted,"What if this person; Rixton is really Evans? Like he could be, we know what he did to Brandy. What if that's why he's our next fugitive?"