A Trip to Happiness

They say...

'Distance makes the heart grow fonder.'

They also say...

'Appreciate what you have before it turns into what you had.'

I would admit they sound tacky.

Yet.

No one said they were false.

.....

(M/N) was simply curious to see what was causing the long queue of private and public transports in the middle of the road late at night. Along with passengers from other cars, he walked towards the front of the line, until someone stopped him from his tracks.

Amidst the crowd, the (H/C)-haired lad was surely caught unexpected by what happened next. An arm grabbed his own and it wasn't just an ordinary arm of a stranger. It's an arm he felt highly familiar with.

"(M/N)!"

"K-Kou-senpai!"

"(M/N)!"

"Kou-senpai!"

"(M/N)!"

"Kou-senpai!"

"(M-)!"

A pair of palms swiftly covered the hyperactive guy's mouth before he was able to finish his side of the loop.

"W-What are you doing here? I thought you're already abroad?" Asked (M/N) as he slowly removed his hands.

"I missed my dear Japan, of course," happily responded the male, slightly bouncing with joy, "How about you?"

"I just arrived from vacation."

The older male eyed the other, sceptical. "This time of year?"

"Look who's talking," (M/N) playfully hit the older male's shoulder, "We all do unexpected things from time to time."

"Oh, yeah! Speaking of unexpected. Wait here." Before the younger one was able to respond, Bokuto Koutarou jetted away, probably returning to his ridden vehicle.

Among all the friends his former lover has, aside from Dashi, (M/N) enjoys the company of the hyperactive and former captain of his own high school volleyball team. Although they only met by chance, that meeting was enough for Koutarou to feel a sense of fellowship towards the young non-player.

As (M/N) turned towards the front, highly curious of what the cause of the traffic is, Koutarou was rushing towards his friend with a box of sorts on one hand and his phone on another. He yelled across the distance, surprising the previously shocked male.

.....

I should've expected that.

The moment I turned my back, Kou-senpai was running not like someone his age, but like someone on a sugar rush. What would you expect? On one hand, he was holding his phone. On the other, a black box.

Well, looks like it.

"(M/N)! (M/N)!" Senpai stopped in front of me, jumping like a wee schoolchild.

The energetic man, with two hands, turned over the box to me. "This is for you! It's full of sweets! I hope you enjoy!"

Accepting the souvenir before responding, Senpai cut me off. "And one more thing."