Chapter Two: Jennifer's POV Pt 1

Jennifer's POV

I had exited the plane and spotted my loving family. Little Jamie was not-so little anymore; she was becoming a woman. She would have hit puberty, for sure. Jemma was quite tall; she still looked so like dad, it was incredibly scary. I loved them like I'd never left. I hid behind the flow of passengers exiting the plane, unsure whetherI should be here. I seriously considered turning around and running back onto the plane.

But I couldn't. Jemma and Jamie had both already spotted my teary face; they had been crying, too. Naturally, of course. Mom also spotted me. Uh-oh... moment of truth. What would they say when they saw my ever-expanding pregnant belly? Would they feint in shock? Would they be happy? Angry? Furious? My mind was racing endlessly.

Then, suddenly, the large woman I had been hiding behind moved, and my baby bump came into clear view. I saw mom's face go completely white. I saw Jemma nudge Jamie, and suddenly they all knew.

The delinquent runaway Jennifer Maree Parker was, plain and simply, pregnant.

I made my way over to my family, looking ever so guilty. I could lie and say I had a tumour and it was being removed, but mom was no fool. I couldn't lie to her, anyway. If I were still living here, she would have sniffed out my pregnancy the day my baby was conceived. I sighed. This was reality. I came to a dead stop in front of my shell-shocked family, waiting for a word from any one of them. When nobody spoke, I decided to break the ice.

"Hi," I said cautiously. "I'm... I'm home."

Mom finally managed to form words.

"Jen..." she gasped. "You're..."

"Pregnant?" Jamie said loudly. A few bystanders looked on. My face went a little red.

"I'm sorry," I said, my face going to stone. "I... I didn't know how to tell you. About the baby. I'm kind of still... adjusting to it myself. Still."

"Well," mom said, clearing her throat. "Umm... It's Sean's baby, right?"

"Who's Sean?" Jemma asked quietly.

"Her boyfriend," Jamie whispered.

"Er... not anymore, he's not," I stuttered nervously. "We... kind of, sort of... maybe... umm... broke up."

Mom's face went a whole new shade of white.

"He didn't break up with you because you're pregnant, did he?" mom said critically. "Because if he did, I'll be in Rhode Island to kick his ass by tomorrow morning."

"No, mom," I sighed. "We broke up before I told him I was pregnant. We just... didn't quite get along all the time."

Mom was still in shock, but at least she knew the truth now. That eased my stress. A lot.

We all remained silent as we travelled to the car. Once we took off, thw questions flowed. I had readied myself for this...

"So... is it a boy, or a girl, Jen?" mom asked as we drove out of the airport car park.

"I don't know," I said, smiling. "I wanted to know... but... the baby had its legs crossed."

"Jem, we're so gonna be awesome aunts!" Jamie grinned.