Chapter 3: At The House

I didn't have much time to pack stuff, so I just threw random things into my backpack. I rushed downstairs to meet Niall.

"Are you ready?" he asked. I nodded. I followed Niall for about too blocks before we got to our destination; the house. As soon as we entered, Niall and I split up. That would probably end up being a problem later. I wondered around the house, not knowing where the heck I was going. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around quickly. It was a boy around Claire's age.

"Um, who are you?" he asked me kind of shyly.

"I'm Thaila Xaver. I'm going to be a backup dancer for the X Factor," I explained in a small voice. The guy looked nervous. "Is there not going to be backup dancers?"

"Oh! Yeah there is. It's just that.... You look familiar," he said, looking at me. That was odd. He looked familiar too.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" His voice scared me. I didn't know I had been staring at him.

"Oh! Um... It's just that.. You looked familiar. What's your name?" I asked.

"Zayn Malik," he replied. Zayn Malik.... Zayn Malik. Sounded so familiar... I looked at him. I knew that face. I just don't know where I knew it.

"Have you ever been to Bradford?" he asked.

"Yeah...," I replied slowly. I lived in England for a year before moving back to Ireland.

"Did you go to Travon Secondary school?"

"Why? Did you?" Zayn nodded. I thought about it. I went to Travon Secondary school when I moved that one year. Something clicked in my mind. "Oh yea! I remember you! You were that shy quiet kid at the back of that class that sat next to me. I think you asked me out before." Zayn's face turned red.

"Yeah. That was me. And I did ask you out. You denied though," Zayn said. I laughed.

"So Zayn, where am I supposed to go?" I asked looking around. He shrugged. I left him. He was no help to me. But at least I know someone else here besides Niall. I still couldn't believe he did this for me. It just doesn't seem like him.

"Who are you?" someone said from behind me. I jumped. These people need to stop scaring me! I turned around. It was a girl around my age.

"I'm Thaila," I said.

"Hi. I'm Rebecca Ferguson," she replied. She held out her hand for me to shake it. I just looked at her hand. I didn't mean to look rude, but I don't really shake hands. "Well I see you're the shy type. That's cool." I looked at the ground.

"Do you know where the backup dancers are supposed to go?" I asked. She pointed to a room right across from us.

"Just go in there and tomorrow will be your first day of rehearsing," Rebecca explained.

"Thanks," I thanked her, as I walked into the room. I looked around, color fading my face. Surrounding me were skinny, tan and very beautiful girls who could probably dance a lot better than me. I set my bag down near an empty bed. A girl came up to me. She looked about 15, like me.

"Hi! I'm Abby," she greeted.

"I'm Thaila," I replied.

"Nice to meet you Thaila! We start rehearsing tomorrow but they wanted us to get situated with the stage today," Abby explained.

"Oh. Ok. Thanks for telling me," I thanked her. She nodded, then walked away. I sat down on the bed. I'm screwed. I can't believe Niall actually got me to be a back up dancer. Wait a minute.... This was a set up! Niall sighed me up because he knew I wasn't the world's best dancer. He wanted to embarrass me in front of all of England, Ireland and who knows what other countries in the world. That bloody wanker! I was just about to storm out when a tall guy popped in. 

"You girls ready?" he asked.  

"Yes!" everyone but me squealed. I shook my head. The guy didn't notice me, so he led us out of the room. I was at the front.

"Crap," I cursed under my breath. 

"What's your name?" Abby asked, rushing up to the front. She pushed me out of the way. I gave her a look, but she didn't notice.

"Liam," he replied. Abby smiled. It took me about a second to realize that Abby had a crush on Liam. I had to stop myself from almost laughing. Liam looked about 16. Abby could date him. But I don't think that it would work out. Liam looks more like the serious types, and Abby.... Well... Abby's not his type.

"Liam. That's my favorite name," Abby giggled. Liam and I rolled our eyes at the same time. We gave each other looks. I broke our gaze. 

"This is where you're going to be practicing," Liam said, pointing to a room. We peered inside.

"Are you going to be instructing us?" Abby asked, batting her eyelashes.

"No. I'm actually a contestant in the X Factor," Liam explain.

"Oh!" Abby exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. "How, intriguing."

"How is that intriguing?" I scoffed. Abby gave me a look. When Liam wasn't looking, Abby pushed me up against the wall.

"Look here you bitch, Liam is mine and I don't plan on sharing him," Abby snarled. I put my hands up.

"I wasn't trying to steal him you dumbarse!" I spat. Abby looked offended.

"I'm telling Liam!" she cried as she let her grip go, letting me scurry free. I sneak back to the back of the group. Liam notices me rubbing my wrist. For a 15 year old, she had a strong grip.

"Why don't you go inside the room and look around?" Liam suggested. As we filled into the room, Liam pulled me aside. He looked me in the eyes. "What's wrong with your arm?"

"Nothing," I lied.

"Yea there is. You're rubbing your arm," he pointed out. I looked down at my arm. It was cherry red. I looked into the room where I was going to be dancing for the next couple of weeks. I saw Abby talking to some other girl.

"Ok, there's this girl name Abby and she really loves you even though you've never met her and I think it's kind of funny. At first I thought she was nice but in reality shes actually mean and she almost killed me, metaphorically speaking and you can't tell her I said any of this!" I said fast. Liam looked at me, then to the room, then back at me.

"Just stay out of her way," Liam sighed. I nodded. "You can go look around and meet some people. I don't think the you'll be practicing today."

"Ok. Bye Liam." I waved. He waved back. I ran away from the room. I had no idea if I was allowed to run in the house, but I didn't care. I had places to go and people to meet. I was just about to go down the stairs when I heard a blood curling scream.