39 | celestial bridge

Perhaps the space between the moon and the sun is the bridge between winter and summer, but the soul still stitched inside her was already thinking it wasn't worth it to cross it.

Anyone could make it if they have the longing sense of what they have been salvaging for—dreams, freedom, happiness—anything that exudes from the flickering embers in their rose-coloured hearts. Anyone could find another way towards the light, the warmth, but that would mean sacrifice and bravery. One could choose both if they wanted to, needed to. But it all depends on how that person truly feels—how competent they would be to go this far.

Sakura was probably one of them—to give herself one last chance to redeem what she has been longing for or to end this feeling she has newly discovered.

It was complicated as it seems when she noticed she had come this far, realizing how happy she has been. She could go on if she wanted to. To reach the light, the warmth that belonged to the sun that puts a blinding smile to the universe. But then it would be a waste to throw this feeling away when the answer has been right in front of her the whole time, to give up this life full of sunshine and rainbows. To throw it away for the sake of their contentment and safety because she didn't want anyone to be as blue as her.

But what other choice does she have?

It seems like this dilemma has been plastered on her face the entire time until Haru decided to confront her.

"What's with that edgy look on your face?"

Sakura continued washing the dishes, unbothered to face her. "What look?"

She heard a sigh leaving her lips. "I'm not good at reading you since you're always that good at faking but this time it's too easy. So what's wrong? Family problems? Friend fights?"

"Close enough," she muttered under her breath, gaze still fixated on her work.

"Sakura," Haru almost whined. "You gotta tell me so that I can understand."

"It's fine. It's not that big of a deal."

"There you go. Lying again."

"Fine, maybe I am," her tone ticked off a little. "Maybe I just don't want to give a shit about anything anymore."

A heavy silence hung in the air, only the faint chatters lingering in the café.

Eventually, she hits that point where she was no longer interested in convincing people that how she feels is valid and decide that as long as she knows her truth and what works for her, that was what matters anyway.

Sakura closed her eyes, unclenching the tight grip she had around the fragile cup from the sink, exhaling a small breath as she tried to calm down.

"...I'm sorry," she gently placed the cup back into the sink, resting her hands on the edge of the counter. "I didn't mean to talk like that.."

Haru may be one of her friends, but that didn't mean she should forget basic courtesy since she was still her senior. In fact, whenever they talked, they have never touched on any topics involving personal spaces, in which she tries to avoid. But perhaps she was too tired to bother about anything today, wishing to be in her bed to sleep forever and never wake up.

A hand on her shoulder startled her a little, jerking her out of her thoughts.

"It's fine. Either way, I can't force you," she finally glanced at Haru to see a small smile hanging on her lips. "You can take the day off if you need to. Get some air or whatever."

Sakura shook her head to decline, brows furrowing a little. "No. I'm not gonna leave just because I'm having a bad day. I've had enough rest you gave me for the past two weeks.. so I'm sticking."