afterword

Ok. I admit. I'm so sad right now because Blackbox ended. Finally ended. Sakura's happy, not fully, but she's getting there with the help of positivity from her friends and Kirishima, but yeah, I'm happy for her.

And again I admit, I'm actually proud of this book. It's better written than Phoenix. SO MUCH better because well, I grew in my writing throughout the year. There were some days I was thinking of unpublishing Phoenix, but then because it was the reason I wrote the way I am now, I didn't.

But anyway—thank you so much for reading Blackbox! Props to those who were here since Phoenix! And thank you for supporting me AND inspiring me to continue writing with your comments. I always look forward to them each time I post a chapter. They make me happy hahah.

On a side note, I'm just gonna list down a few facts and thoughts about Blackbox.

[1]  Sakura's character was solely based on me. Yes. This is personal, but it suits the plot I was going for and the chemistry with Kirishima. I suffered depression for 3 years until last year (but that doesn't mean I won't fall back yikes), and I had moments that Sakura suffered (crying every night before sleep, sitting on rooftops). My 'happiness' felt momentary whenever I'm with my friends or in school because they were the main reasons that kept me distracted and positive from reality. That's why you shouldn't judge people who likes school. (Just saying but please don't kill me.)

[2]  I came up with Blackbox to spread a message about the above too. Depression, happiness, hopes, and even toxic relationships with your own family. I don't know if it's clear... but things can get better. I assure you.

[3]  Some moments between Sakura and Kirishima... were based on me and my guy best friend. Heh.

I wanted to post this last one on the very last day of 2018 itself but then I forgot I'm actually spending the midnight for 2019. Still, the timeline end of this book is just a coincidence.

So yeah, I guess that's it? It's really the end? Man, this is hitting me so hard. I cried and smiled writing Blackbox. I cried writing Sakura because I was writing a part of me.

But again, thank you. Really. Thank you for this journey.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop writing. I have plans already ahead (sitting in my drafts hahah oops), but I'll let you know more for me to announce in the message board.

See you when I see you... Love you.

    — mikeyswan