Chapter 10

With Joeys help I actually managed to stumble into their room and sit down on the bed that they prepared for me.

Joey sat down on the bed next to mine and looked at me with slight concern in his eyes, "I'm not tryin to worry ya or anything but you are really pale... you sure that you're good?"

Was I good? Actually no, I wasn't. All of a sudden I felt extremely sick again and rushed into the bathroom to repeat what has just happened in the other room. I have been sick after alcohol a lot of times before. But never ever have I been in so much pain than I was right now. My whole stomach was cramped up and my throat was burning from all the heaving. I puked for what was like 5 minutes straight and after I flushed the toilet, I wiped my mouth with toilet paper and sat down against the bathtub trying my best to hold back my tears.

"Someone must've put something in her drink That is not normal. Ya all know how it is to be alcohol sick. That's not it." I heard Johnny say in the other room.

"Ya really think so? But who would've done it? I tried to keep an eye on her the whole night!" Joey protested.

"Whatever it is, someone has to go and check up on her. I vote myself." Dee Dee offered and soon I heard his footsteps coming towards the bathroom.

I quickly put my face in my hands and placed it on my knees. I must've looked miserable and disgusting and I did not want anyone to see me like that.

Dee Dee knelt down beside me and put a strand of hair behind my ear. "I won't ask how ya feeling because I can tell just how miserable ya feel."

I nodded, still keeping my head down.

"I don't know what's wrong..." I managed to get out, my voice breaking halfway through. I was in so much pain and I did not know what to do against it.

"Johnny said someone might've put something in your drink. How high would the chances be?" he asked.

Though I really didn't want him to see me like that, it was inevitable that I slowly raised my head and looked at him with watery eyes.
"No idea... Sorta possible? I kinda left my drink unwatched a bunch a times. I did not think that I would have to pay attention to it when I'm not in a club."

Dee Dee nodded, understandingly. "Well in that case I think it would be best to get you to a doctor. Just to make sure. You think you're gonna be able to walk?"

I tried to stand up, my legs shaking like jelly and my whole body full of pain. "I think..." I mumbled.

"Well just try to ginme a sign before your legs give out, deal?" he looked at me, concerned.

I nodded. "Deal."

As we left the bathroom I saw both Joey and Johnny staring at us, both of them looking really concerned.

"I'm taking her to a doc. She left her drink unwatched a few times." Dee Dee said, clearing the questionmarks out of their faces.

"Told ya." Johnny said, punching Joey in the arm.

Joey seemed unfazed and kept his gaze on me. "I'm coming with ya."

Joey, Dee Dee and me left the hotel room and made our way to a nearby hospital.

________________

"Doctor Kane is ready to see Miss Rains now. Please follow me to the other room." A nurse announced.

"Are we allowed to come?" Dee Dee asked, just making sure.

She nodded and the three of us followed her to the room in which the doctor was waiting for me.

He stood up and shook my hand. "Hello Miss Rains. I'm Doctor Kane and I'll draw some blood now... please take a seat on the bed right here. I did as told and sat down. Dee Dee and Joey sat down on two stools across me.

"I must say that you have indeed been drugged. We could detect some drops in your bloodstream."

It just now hit me how scary all of this was. Somebody put something in my drink. What for? I did not know. I could only assume even though I did not want to.

The doctor told me some stuff about how to detox and we all left the hospital again. None of us really spoke on our way to the hotel because I was pretty shocked, Joey felt guilty for some reason and Dee Dee just genuinely did not know what to say.

I entered the room and immediatly made my way to Joey and Dee Dee's bedroom to collapse on the bed. Nothing like that ever happened to me before and I was pretty shaken still. Apart from my body being in pain my mind was also numb.

"Hey Rains... are you... okay?" Dee Dee asked and slowly entered the room.
I shook my head. There was no point in pretending. "I'm scared." I admitted.

He sat down on the bed next to me and awkwardly patted my back, "I get it. Really. It is pretty scary. But please remember that we're there for you. We'll take care of yo-"

"I'm sorry that I failed to do that tonight... I could've sworn that I watched you all the time... turns out I didn't..." Joey chimed in.

"It is not your fault Joey. It is fine. Thank you guys I appreciate it really." I said and meant it.

"Where is she? Is she fine?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask.

Joey and Dee Dee both turned around, "Yeah Mickey, she's fine."

Mickey Who?

"Oh good..." he came into the room and I could now recall his face from the shows I think. I have never spoken to him though, nor got to know him.

I sat up slowly and he walked up to me with a smile on his face, his hand reached out and shook mine. "Hey I'm Mickey! I'm the unofficial roadie of the Ramones and the official brother of Joey."

"I'm Ellie... Elizabeth Rains... new manager." I said with a tired smile. 

"Oh I know I've heard a lot about you."

From whom? Joey?

I actually could spot Joeys face turning a light shade of red.

"I think Ellie would like to get some sleep now...right?" Joey urged and looked at me, searching for approval.

I'm not going to give him what he wants. Not in this case.

I shook my head and turned my gaze to Mickey. "What did you hear about me?"

"Well that you're really nice, sweet and pretty and that you were the right choice. Needless to say, I'm excited to finally meet you!" he answered.

So he can talk to his brother about me but completely let the previous night slide under the carpet as if nothing happened?

I wasn't bitter, I thought it was kinda cute.

________________

"So you told Mickey all that stuff? About her being cute and shit?" Dee Dee asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah so? She's cute so what?" Joey protested.

"I just think it's sweet that you went all the way to tell your brother about it." Dee Dee said, still giggling.

"I tell him everything, shut up she's asleep." Joey said, ending the conversation.

I was not sleeping.