A new face in town

Chapter 6 A new face in town.

The next day, Athos and the others were busy planning the day ahead and D’artagnan immediately said “I am busy all day, I am out”. Aramis gave a grin to D’artagnan and said “Who are you going out with? Is it that woman you saved? Oh I bet it is! Spill the beans.” “NO”. D’artagnan walked away from the musketeers embarrassed to say anything he went over to spend the day with Constance.

Later that day Porthos and Aramis rode to the woods to collect spices and herbs for Athos’ ‘Special drink’. While they were away, Athos was busy working out a timetable for D’artagnan since he wanted to become a passionate swordsman. At the corner of his eye someone stood there. Athos’ head turned and he saw this woman, first of all he blinked once and then again, then said “I banished you from Paris, it can’t be you”. “Oh my darling Athos, it has been so long. All those years we have missed with each other and every minute of every day we couldn’t keep away from each other. Now you are so surprised to see me it breaks my heart. Don’t worry I won’t keep you long, I came to Paris for business that is all”. “I must be seeing things, you can’t be here and it must be my imagination”. Porthos and Aramis came back and Athos looked back towards them then at the woman. She was gone! Athos then looked back and Aramis. Aramis walked over and then said “Athos? Has someone just walked over your grave?” Athos looked at the others and then said “It’s nothing.” Later that day Captain Treville called Porthos and Aramis to his office. Captain Treville said “sit down. Athos hasn’t been himself today, I have been watching him today and something has happened and I want to know what. That is all. Oh Aramis before you go I need to speak to you, about you know who.” Porthos left and Aramis stayed behind.  Aramis watched Porthos close the door and said calmly “Have you heard anything from Blue? It has been so long and I…..I…… it doesn’t matter.” Captain Treville looked at Aramis and said “Aramis, I have sent some special trained assassins of mine and they are looking for Blue. To be honest Aramis, I know there is something wrong apart from she is on the run from the other assassins. She has never had trouble with any of her missions, but there is a first for everything.” Aramis stood up and nodded and left. Later on Aramis was training, he was practising his techniques on a dummy. Athos walked in the courtyard after going down town. “Aramis, I need to talk to you.” Aramis stopped what he was doing and then said “go ahead, I am listening.” “Aramis I think I saw someone today and she disappeared when you and Porthos arrived. I don’t know if it was my mind playing tricks on me but….. I saw my ex-wife. I banished her from Paris and now she is back.” “Are you sure? Athos, she can’t do anything to us, she is a hopeless woman who wants you back that’s all.” Athos nodded and turned and said to Aramis “See you tomorrow.”

Next morning Aramis and Athos were having a duel and a letter was sent to Captain Treville and Captain Treville came out of his office and called for the musketeers. Everyone walked to the Captain’s office and Captain Treville said “There has been a letter sent to me and it contains a powerful woman who has been accused of witchcraft. We need to find out everything about this woman and how she is a witch. Her name is Ninon de Larroque. She is a strong feminist and she believes very strongly about woman’s education and rights.” “Woman should be in the kitchen working and looking after the family.” “D’artagnan how could you say that! I believe woman are more……. Spicier, they can do what they like. I don’t care.” Aramis smiling happily and D’artagnan sighing.

Captain Treville said “one of her students, she teaches, has sadly passed away after jumping in front of the Kings and Queens’s carriage. I have found out she was trying to deliver a petition to Queen Anne. Asking for equality for women. We need to find out Where Ninon de larroque is teaching the young women, we may find out more about the student she was teaching and also search the building for any witchery”.