Author's Note

For a very long time, I was very afraid of ending this series. It had started as a whim in the winter of my sophomore year of high school, a way to animate the characters I and my friends had created. Then, it took on such a life of its own that it replenished the ideas I had for the main five, and Tempest went from a two-book whim to a projected five-book series. Now, as I am a freshman in college, it has finally come to an end.

It's really bittersweet. I love these characters so passionately and dearly that the idea of leaving them forever really upset me. That's why it's taken me so long to publish these final two parts to Tessa's story; I didn't want to say goodbye.

I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for reading the Tempest series. Whether you were joining Tessa on her quest from day one or you've just come to my Camp Half-Blood recently, I thank you for your reads, your comments, your fan-fictions, your fan-art, your cosplays, your support, and your love. Thank you for loving these characters and these ideas, and thank you for making me love them even more. You are why I write these stories, and you are why I can pursue my dream of story-telling. Whether you submitted a character or have simply followed along, I love you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope you continue on the rest of the stories connected to these Tempest demigods I have up my sleeves.

In the words of Kaden Gray, we are unconquerable.

-Meg

P.S: If you want more Tempest, I have a few surprises in store for you guys...