Preface

*This is based on a true story. Not mine but someones very close to me. Some names and aspects have been changed. But I hope you enjoy.*

Preface

What's it like being me? Well with the type of lifestyle I grew up in, you can't even start to imagine the things I have went through. I have been misused and abused, I have been of victim of rape, and talked down to by the people I used to call my family. I have one friend and basically no family now. Where does that leave me? It leaves me as another girl who grew up in the hood with drama and trust issues. I don't want any pity and I don't want to be judged...I just want to be me.

Like everybody else in the world, I want the whole ideal life. Two kids, a nice husband, a decent house in the suburbs, great job that pays well. You know.

What are the chances of that happening? Slim to none. I wish that the world were different, but the best thing that will most likely happen to me is if I just get a whole new beginning. A clean start.

My life is nothing but a mess. I'm living in a foster home with people who act like they want to help me, but truly just want the money. That's okay though because in exactly three weeks and two days I will be out of here and eighteen years old. Out of the hood and moving on to the good life.

++++++++++++++++++++

Authors Note-

Updating first chapter tonight or tomorrow! So excited!!!!

-Nachelle :)