Chapter 2 <> Will I Ever

(Will I Ever- Lyfe Jennings)

        “Does it feel like ya, you're never gonna find it, does it feel like ya ,always one step behind it, does it feel like ya, out in this world alone 'cause you been lookin and prayin for love so long, does it feel like ya, wishing on a falling star, does it feel like ya, lonely and it breaks your heart, 'cause it feels like ya, ready to let down your guard, finding somebody's just so hard”

 _____________________________

        I pulled into the schools parking lot around twelve-ten. My car was acting real strange and I assumed that it was the transmission going out. I made a mental note to myself to go to Expert Tires to get it checked out this week. The last thing I need is to be stranded somewhere, so I will pay whatever to get it fixed. And my foster parents won't give two fucks if I tell them.

        The funny thing about being in foster care is that usually the government will help you pay for college and helps you get an apartment when you get out. So already in my savings account I have a good five-thousand dollars, which I am just fine with. Sometimes we should just be thankful of what we get and work with it.

        Anyways when I was pulling up I saw Natasha sitting on the stairs of the entrance of the school. After I found a good parking spot in the front I hopped out and walked up to her. When she saw me she started smiling like I just made her day.

        “Girl, you wouldn’t believe the type of day I am having! Niggas be trippin, and bitches be slipping. Some people just need to stay in there place.” She said to me.

        “Well hello to you too. But you are not lying. Me and Tami got into it again because I got a 2100 on my SAT’s. You would think since she is all big on grades with Don’ that she would be happy i'm doing good. But you know what I say? Fuck everybody thats trying to mess up my grind?” I said.

        We started laughing and she grabbed my arm while we were walking into school. As usual we saw all the thots leaned up on the lockers trying to get with some guy that they probably met within twenty-four hours. I am not judging because its their lives, but come on. Have some respect for yourselves please, then you can talk about others not showing respect for you.

        “So are you ready for this assembly? Or are you going to skip and go do homework in the library like you always do?” Natasha asked me.

        “I don't know. I am already going to the game and that is already a stretch. But since its the end of the semester I don't really have any work to do. When is it?”

        “Right now! Come on.”

        We walked into the crowded gym and immediately I made contact with Ciara. I don't believe in having a enemy, but me and this girl were pretty close to it.

        It all started when I first got to this school. Well before that because she was talking smack on Instagram while I was still at East High. But anyways when I got here I guess she recognized me and started telling people that I was a hoe and that I have a kid and all this other shit. Not only did she do that but she then accused me of sleeping with her boyfriend. Oh yeah, did I mention she is Don’s hoe ass girlfriend. Well yeah. I didn't  fight her because she was talking shit about things she had no clue about, I fought her because she insulted my child. Who does some shit like that? She reminds me of Tami now that I think about it.