I Like You Closer

It was finally the night for the big football game. It was so cold outside as I stood on the bleachers with my group of friends. I didn't go to football games as much in high school but I've been going to all the ones in college because of my best friend Zack, 6 feet tall with beautiful dark brown eyes and amazingly slick dark brown hair.

It was already half-time and the team was huddled up. We were loosing by 5 points and I saw that Zack was being yelled at a lot. The look of anger and frustration was in his eyes as the coach kept pointing at Zack. "Looks like someone's gonna need you soon," my friend nudged me while clapping along with the cheerleaders to keep warm.

Suddenly, Zack threw his helmet onto the ground and walked away from the bench, leaving the field and heading into the locker room.

I quickly went after him, squeezing my way through the crowd and running down the steps until I entered the men's locker room. I looked around and saw Zack throw his gear off and slam his fist into his locker.

Feeling a presence in the room, he turned around and I saw rage in his eyes, but then he slightly calmed down when he saw that it was just me. "Sorry..." He said a bit embarrassed.

I smiled and walked up to him, "No need to be sorry, you're the one going through a rough time right now."

I went through his duffle bag and took out his sweater to put on him to keep him warm. He chuckled and smiled at me as soon as his head popped out from his sweater.

I took his hand and we sat down on the bench. "What happened? You know I don't really know much about football yet," I said a bit jokingly.

He sighed with a smile and said, "Let's just say that it was my fault we lost so many points."

I looked at him and saw sweat rolling down his forehead, his silky brown hair still looked so flawless, and he was just downright beautiful. I'm in love with my best friend and I have been ever since senior year of high school, so about 3 years now.

Suddenly, I saw him staring back at me and my eyes slightly go wide as I look away and try to think of something else to say. "I know you do your best on the field and that you're a hard worker. I know what you're capable of and that's why you're so competitive. I've always believed in you and I know you can do it. Now get back out there and show them who's captain!"

I look back at him with a big smile and his gaze still hasn't left mine. So I grew even more flustered and tried to calmly stand up, "Let's go! They're waiting for you!"

I gave him another big smile to try and hide my embarrassment before turning to walk away. Suddenly, he stood up and pulled my arm towards him as his other hand cupped my cheek, bringing me in for a warm kiss.

I stood there shocked and eyes opened wide. My best friend was kissing me.

When he pulled away, a breath of cold air escaped from our lips. He softly gazed into my eyes and said, "I love you."

"Huh?" I blankly stared at him and he chuckled.

"I can't hide my feelings for you anymore. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, but I just can't help it. You always know what to say and you always cheer me up. I love being around you. I love you." I was still in shock and unable to say anything so he continued, "I'm sorry if I just screwed everything up but I want you so bad and definitely as my girlfriend."

I hesitated but smiled as I looked into his eyes and said, "I love you too Zack... for a long time now..."

He smiled down at me from ear to ear and said, "You don't know how happy I am to hear that."

I felt my heart melting as he placed his hand around my neck and gazed into my eyes. His lips were finally on mine again, kissing my sweetly. It was so cold but his touch was so warm, warm enough to melt me inside and outside.

Our kiss grew more and more passionate as he started pushing me towards the lockers. I felt my back hit the cold surface but his warm hands were there on the small of my back to warm me up. Literally there, hands under my sweater.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply, loving every moment. His hands were everywhere, warming my body up and sending tingles everywhere. My hands ran up under his sweater as I felt his fit body with my hands. Then I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me.

He moved away from my lips and kissed down my neck, warming me up and sending shivers down my spine at the same time. Things were starting to get heated but then we heard the door slam open as someone came running  in and shouted, "Zack we need you! Why didn't you come back out?"

Zack and I were hidden in one of the aisles and he pressed his finger to my lips. Zack shouted, "I'll be there! Let me put my gear back on!"

"Hurry man, coach is furious!"

Then we heard him running back out, leaving Zack and I alone once again.

Zack gave me an apologetic smile as he quickly kissed me. "I have to get going, but we're definitely going to talk about this later. Wait for me after the game, yeah?"

I nodded my head and he kissed me again, a little longer this time. "I'm gonna win this just for you. I love you ___."

"I love you too." I smiled at him and kissed him once again, not wanting him to leave.

He grabbed his things and quickly put them back on as he ran out of the locker room while blowing me a kiss. I smiled and waved at him until he was out of sight. My heart felt so warm and I was so happy even though it was freezing cold. All I knew was that I couldn't wait to see him after the game.

Song: The Chainsmokers - Closer / Lauv - I like Me Better [Mashup]