Chapter 4

READ THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE COMMENTING AND ASKING ME TO UPLOAD MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! --------------------------------->

Aiden and I were sitting on the couch watching the movie while Darren was in the bathroom. Once, Aiden brushed his fingers across my arm by accident, giving me a rush of excitement that would flow through my veins, and the part that he touched would tingle. The familiar ring tone rang in my ears.

"Hello?" I asked the laughter still in my voice from the movie.

"Eve! Why didn't you call me?!" Konner said, enraged.

"I'm sorry, Konner, I was busy settling in," I said, suddenly not so happy anymore.

"Yeah, well, you had me worried like crazy about you!" he said.

"I'm sorry," I said. Darren came back into the room and went to sit on the other couch.

"Hey, no cell phones during movie night!" he said. "Turn it off!"

"I have to go, Konner, I'll talk you later," I said.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I forced out. I hung up the phone.

"Okay, why'd it look like you were choking when you told 'Konner' that you loved him?" Aiden asked.

"What? I wasn't," I lied.

"Don't BS me, Evy," he said, "I can see right past all the charades."

I took a deep breath, feeling uncomfortable that someone could see past everything.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Just don't lie," he said. I nodded, grateful.

We all turned our attention back to the flat screen. Aiden brushed his fingers against the back of my hand. This time, I was blushing like crazy, and a completely involuntary smile danced on my lips. Thank goodness it was too dark in our room to see it, or it'd be a dead give away. I kept my head still but looked over at him. He had a faint smile on his face, but he was still watching the movie. He looked at me, catching my eyes before I could look away. His smile grew in to a comical smile.

Aiden brushed the hair away from my face and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"It's not polite to stare," he teased lightly.

I felt the redness in my cheeks grow darker, and I looked down at my hands.

I turned my attention back to the movie, though it was quite hard.

After about twenty minutes of the movie, I turned slightly back to look at him again. His eyes, so mysterious, and the contours of his face. I glanced at his lips, before mentally slapping myself. I was not just looking at his lips. I was not just looking at his lips. I was not just looking at his lips.

"Just keep telling yourself that," I muttered as soft as I could to myself.

"What was that?" Aiden asked. He heard me talking to myself. Think fast, Evelyn.

"What was what?" I asked.

"I thought you said something," he said.

"I didn't say anything," I said too quickly.

"Mm-hm," he said doubtfully. I said nothing.

Just then, the girl in the movie, after watching her boyfriend sleep for three hours, went downstairs for the second time. There was a bloodcurdling scream and the boyfriend got up and ran downstairs. I watched as the girl walked slowly back up the steps to the camera with blood on her shirt and a knife in her hand.