Chapter 1

Bill stomps his way through the house. He doesn't stop until he gets to Mikes room, there he flings the door open. Bill throws himself onto Mikes bed and curls up in the middle with one of his pillows.

Mike was busy cleaning out the barn so he was unable to give Bill the attention he so constantly needed. It was Bills only day off for the next two weeks. He hardly ever got breaks from the publishing office as he was constantly supposed to be writing new short stories for magazines. The boy also had to juggle schoolwork as he was taking writing classes to help him with his writing.

Ever since he was a kid Bill has constantly needed attention from the lack his parents gave him after his brother died. He never seemed to feel good enough about himself so he surrounded himself with the others who would help him forget his horrible past. The Losers didn't care that Bill was supposed to be the leader, he needed protecting in their eyes. Although in Bills everyone else did but him.

It had been six years since the dreadful clown situation and since then it was Richie who had the duty of constantly giving Bill attention when no one else was home. It wasn't so much of a duty as Richie enjoyed it, too. But it definitely took a lot of work for Richie to get Bill to let go of him long enough for him to go to the bathroom or to grab some food.

But Richie had got a job at the radio station and wasn't home as much as he had use to be. The only one home was Mike because it was his farm. Though, Mike hardly had anytime for the smaller boy because he was constantly taking care of his animals or making delivery's.

So Bill spent most of his off days and hours cleaning away at the house. He wanted Mike to have some time to relax, or more specifically, hang out with him. Cleaning kept him preoccupied and it made things go a lot quicker for Mike who worked so much it made him sweat buckets.

Not that Bill was complaining, but Stan complained a lot when Mike didn't have time to wash up before dinner. Bill made it his personal mission to make sure that happened as little as possible. He didn't want to see Stan angry, but deep down he knew that Stan couldn't get that angry at Mike because he was almost as dominant as himself if not more. Therefore Mike wouldn't drop to his knees easily like everyone else.

Mike usually was easy to persuade into slacking off on things like cleaning. But today it seemed as if he was determined to get the barn clean and he wouldn't let Bill help. It was two in the afternoon and Bill had cleaned the whole house very quickly so he didn't understand why Mike wouldn't let him help. He was angry at the older boy.

So he lied in Mikes room angrily clutching the pillow to his chest. It would take another three hours for Beverly to get home. Her job payed well so she never worked overtime. Although, Bill didn't understand why any of them had to work overtime. They all made more than enough money to pay for the house and grocery bills. In fact Mike, Stan and Ben all made enough considering they all had good jobs.

Bill's paid the least which is why he was constantly trying to get stories out. It was exhausting, but he felt bad that he hardly contributed to buying things and paying bills. He made half as much as Eddie did and every paycheck constantly reminded him of that. At most bill could pay was half of the electricity on a good paycheck. He felt it was his job to be providing for everyone considering he was the leader.

Stan felt otherwise. He was one of the higher managers in a company. Stan was always moving higher in the place and soon him and Mike would be able to single handedly provide for the household. He hoped one day he could do it himself, but he knew Mike would never stop his farm that his grandfather had given him.

Stan had graduated high school early and it had put him at an advantage in the company. He was barely old enough to have a job like that yet he was above most of the people who had been working there for years. And because of how well he was doing, Stan didn't want Bill to work. He had already planned for when Bill finished high school to just stay at home. But, here they were less than a year after graduation with Bill overworking himself.