Paying A Visit

After traveling for hours and hours, I arrive at a house in the middle of the forest. I enter the house.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

I place Amanda's body bag in a bed. I look at pictures of Amanda and her 3 children. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"It's my fault that you're dead," I think to myself.

Suddenly I hear footsteps and a shotgun clicking. A man walks out of a room with a shotgun in his hands.

"Stop right there!"

I knew the bullets wouldn't kill me but I stopped anyway.

"Now just wait a minute. Let me explain."

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing with that body bag?"

"My name is James Anderson and I recently escaped from a government facility. I was being held against my own will. You must be Amanda's husband?"

The man puts down his shotgun.

"You're James?"

I nod my head.

"Yeah, how do you know about me?"

"Amanda told me everything about you. She was hoping to bring you home one day. Where is she?"

I look down in sadness. I bring him to the room where I placed her body bag. I show him the body. He starts crying.

"She was my world. She was the last part of a happy time. Now I have nothing," he says crying.

"Not necessarily. You can remember her by being the good person that she wants you to be."

We bury Amanda's body. I remember a song that she use to sing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

After we pay our respects to her, I begin to leave.

"What are you going to do now?" The man asks.

"I don't know. I am afraid to go back to civilization, considering the way they have treated me."

"Give is a chance. We can surprise you."

A small smirk comes across my face. I run into the woods.