Chapter One *Hazels POV*

Isaac and I just got back from the park. My chest was hurting. I mean bad. Isaac and I walked into the house and searched around for my parents. Isaac was kind of struggling. He knocked over a few things, hit some stuff so I just told him to sit down while I look in the kitchen.

"I found a note Isaac." I said trying to make out the sloppy cursive writing. "Oh it must be from my dad" I chuckled. He doesnt have the nicest handwrighting but its the effort that counts right? "Let me see" Isaac replied. "Oops. I forgot im blind. Read it to me" He said laughing. "Okay" I laughed along with him.

Hazel, We will be home as soon as we get back from the store. If you need anything, call us.

Love, Dad

I read aloud.

"Well my chest does hurt. I should call them." I say nervously. "Oh it does? Yeah you should call then." says Isaac. "I would call if I could find my phone!?" I said breathing heavily. "I think you left it at the park." isaac replied. "Well, its starting to get dark, we should start heading down there then." I said lugging phillip next to me. "Yeah. lets goooo" Says Isaac as I close the door behind me.

"ahh humid air and the smell of grass" says isaac dancing around with his stick. "im not so fond of it." I say with a frown. "im hot and these chest pains are really starting to get at me." I replied wincing at the pain.

"Hazel?" Questions Isaac.

"Yes?"

"Do you think gus is happy where he is?"

"Yeah, just think. One day we will be up to visit him."

"True that Hazel Grace, True that."

Isaac says tripping over a rock. "Im ok." he says and we both laugh for an awkward amount of time. Then there is a long silence.

"ISAAC WATCH OUT!" and the next thing you know, we are struck unconcious on the sidewalk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ISAACS POV*

"Hazel?" I say in a weak tone.

I feel around and notice that there is a sharp pain right where my heart is. I have a feeling that something bad happened cause I dont remember anything.

I was in a comfy bed, it had the smell of hand sanatizer and doctor cloves. Hospital. Im in the Hospital. "Hazel!? Hazel!? Where Are You?!" I say squealing in the pain of my voice. I hear the sound of shoes clicking across the floor. "Hello sir, You were hit by an on coming car. Im also afraid to say that it was a hit and run." She says. "You have a broken ri-" I cut her off cause I didnt care about me. I cared about Hazel. "okay cool but how is Hazel Grace Lancaster?!?" I say raising my squeky voice a little higher. " Im so sorry to say this....... She has passed."

she has passed

she has passed

she has passed

I sat there in awe and screamed for her to come back as loud as I could.

I shouldve been the one to pass

not her .