Chapter 4

After I kissed Jason I avoided him in every possible way I could. I started walking to school instead of having him drive me. I sat on the other side of the lunch table, dodging his eyes daily.

After school one day, I shut my locker and headed down the basically empty hallway. Suddenly someone grabs the strap of my backpack, pulling me backwards.

"What the hell!? " I shriek, writhing out of the person's grip. After I regain my balance I look to see Jason. His eyes are red and unfocused.

Jason's speech is slurred and he says, "Sky youre so pretty..your eyes are blue. like the sky. I like the sky. I like you too. I just really-"

I cut him off by placing my hand on his forehead.

"Jason's youre wasted as hell! where have you been?" I ask him.

"Waiting for you to suck my dick, " he chuckles.

"Jason stop You're drunk. Im taking you home."

He pulls away from my grip.

"I'm not going home until you admit you love me Skylar." he grimaces.

"Jason.. not now," I sigh, slightly annoyed.

"You've been playing with me for years! And im done. This time Skylar... you don't have a choice." he chuckles.

"Jason. Let's go." I order, losing patience.

Instead of getting inside the car, Jason pins me against it. I can smell the strong smell of alcohol on his breath. My stomach churns.

"Jason let me go," I exclaim. He tightens his grip. I look to see his fingers leaving marks in my arm.

"Help! somebody!" I yell as loud as I can.

Jason places his large hands over my mouth, muffling my scream.

"shut up bitch. The more you scream the worse it'll be for you."

I push his hands off of me, struggling to sit up. "Jason why are you doing this?"

"Im sick of hearing about that Vine faggot. You're MINE. not his. I own you. Whether you like it Or not." Jason begins to laugh, amused.

Im flailing my arms, attempting to get away from Jason's strong grip. It's virtually impossible. Jason's a 240 lb football player, and Im a 5'5" teenage girl Who struggles with carrying certain textbooks.

    Jason tells me to get in the car. I push myself forward, attempting to run for it, but he pushes me backwards and I hit my head.

  Shit that hurt.

"Jason let me go damnit" I plead with tears running down my face.

"Hell n-" Jason sees something behind my shoulder and he turns and runs. I look to see what caused Jason to run, and I see a dark black Escalade parked across the street.

   I squint attempting to see who's inside the car..but I can't. Startled, I quickly climb into the drivers seat and pull away. To my utter shock ,the black car follows.

     Okay one things for sure. I am not going home NOW.  If im forreal being followed,  I don't want them to know where I live. 

    I pull out my phone and dial my friend Shannon's number. She picked up on the third ring.

   "what's up Sky?"

I shift my phone to my shoulder and say, "Can you meet me somewhere? It's an emergency."

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?  I can call your paren-"

"Nah shannon I'm fine..for now. Can you meet me at Panera? 27th and Main street?"

    She agrees and hangs up. I check my rearview mirrors, and to my demise..the car is still following me.

     I pull into the parking lot of the Panera Bread and quickly walk into the restaurant. I spot Shannon sitting in a booth across the room. She waves and I head towards her ; I've never been so happy to see anyone before.

     When I reach the booth, Shannon gives me a hug and asks me What's wrong. I sit down and tell her everything That's happened. From Jason, to the creepy car that won't go away.

   When I'm finished, Shannon's eyes are wide with worry.

  "Sky..." she whispers.

   Right then is when I broke down in tears.  Shannon pulled me close. She gave the best hugs, and I sure as hell needed one right about now.

   "Sky You're staying at my house tonight. Let's go," Shannon concludes.

"B-But my car is here and I dont have clothes," I reason.

"Well then meet me at your house in ten minutes. Pack a few pairs of clothes and all that stuff," she responds.

I agree and we both leave the parking lot.