The Dating Diaries

The dating diaries

"Pepper! Hurry up or you'll be late!"

"Okay mum!" I sighed.

This is pretty much how my school morning routine goes, and boy do I hate school. You know why? Yep you guessed it, I’m a nerd. Not just and nerd however. The top nerd who nobody and I mean nobody likes. Why am I so different? My sister, Annabelle just happens to be the most popular girl you could ever meet. She’s also my best and only friend.

"PEPPER GET DOWN HERE RGHT NOW!!!"

"coming..." I mumbled as I swung my bag over my shoulder.

I walked downstairs to find one mad looking mum.

Great.

"And just what time do you call this!?" she yelled at me whilst shooing me out the door.

I got in my mums car and waited for her to finish locking up.

In case you were wondering, my sister gets a ride with her mates in their car. So I have to put up with the embarrassment of having to drive with my mum to school every day. As if my life could get any worse.

We drove in silence for the twenty minutes it took to get to school; she’s probably just annoyed with me for making her late to work. We pulled up at the school and I practically jumped out the car, dying to get away from her.

"Err pepper not so fast!" she started getting out of the car and walking towards me.

I saw half of the school turn around and the car park silenced.

She wouldn’t.

"Give your mummy a kiss?"

Okay she did.

Ohmigoodness! I ran away as I saw Annabelle shaking her head looking sorry for me. The school started laughing at me as I tried to get inside as far away as possible. I can’t believe she did that! She knows its social suicide! It’s bad enough calling me pepper. Seriously though who calls a kid that? I think I’m just cursed... with a psycho mother.

I got to my locker to find all the usual drawings of fat stick men with ‘Pepper-pig oink!' stuck on them. I just tore them off and put them in the bin next to it. No doubt they'd be back by break though.

"Hey Pepper!"

I slammed my locker shut and turned round to face Jason knight. More commonly known as head boy and number one jerk.

"What do you want?"

He laughed and leaned against the lockers.

"Not very friendly today are we?"

He leaned right in close so he was just whispering in my ear

"I saw that little stunt with your mum today"

I blushed bright red.

His voice suddenly turned nasty

"Yeah that’s what I thought pig. I don’t care if your Annabelle’s sister or not, you need to watch your mouth you pathetic ugly little bi-"

"Problem here Jason?" I heard the unmistakable voice of Annabelle say.

No boy in the whole school would dare fight Annabelle. Everybody loves her which makes her pretty much a god at this school. One wrong word from him now and his life would be over.

"Of course not Annabelle and I must say you look fit today"

She slapped him hard across the cheek. Makes sense, Annabelle hates it when boys call her that.