Ch:01__PRETENTIOUS

He didn't want to but came to visit her reluctantly at her house. He considered her mother as his own, that's why he was obliged to follow her orders.....

In her beautiful mansion's sitting area, he waited for her to appear. While sitting on the comfortable sofa, he thought about what to say after seeing her face. How could he talk to her after a very long time? How could he?

And just when he started to think about her husband, he heard the sound of footsteps approaching. She was finally here...

She entered the room and came near him, who was standing there mesmerized... She was as beautiful as she was 3 years back.

She was looking into the mirror examining herself thoroughly when Ahmar had entered the room but halted at the doorway when he saw her. When she looked back at him through the mirror he seemed shocked and out of focus. "Are you alright?" She asked him, startling him.

"My God! You're stunning." He was in awe of her beauty.

"Thank you." She blushed at his outburst. He was watching her intensely, making her uncomfortable more and more under his scrutinizing gaze.

"Ahmar, stop looking at me like that." At last she whispered softly. And he looked away from her instantly. "I'm sorry.... I was just.. wondering about something." He said.

"About what?" Shiza inquired curiously.

"About.... The time when you'll finally become mine and I'll cherish each and every second we will spend together." Ahmar stared back at her, with excitement and longing in his eyes.

"I know, I can't wait to be yours.... I love you!" Shiza grinned at him and he smiled back. "I worship you!" He claimed slowly and she giggled shyly.

"How are you?" She smiled, bringing him out of the reverie.

"Oh... Yeah... I'm perfectly fine! What about you?" He smiled back, fakely.

"Fine. Sit!" She nodded to him and sat down opposite him. She was always on his opposite side. Silence fell between them for a moment.

"Umm... I am here nowadays due to some office work so that's why I visited Aunty. I also asked about you but she refused to tell me anything likewise I have to do this by myself so here I am..!" He told her with a little laugh. She smiled broadly.

"You will never change..."

"Are you asking or telling?" He asked.

"What do you think?" She was still smiling.

"Nothing... I stopped feeling anything a very long time ago." He wanted to escape from his past but his past was sitting in front of him, her smile, her fragrance, her eyes. It seemed almost impossible!

They both fell silent again.

"So what are you doing nowadays?" This time she started the talk.

"Nothing special... Just have to give a detailed report to headquarters about a project on which I was working for the last few months. Due to which I was out of the country. But after giving my report, I have to go again... Some other place, some other country..." He told her casually about his job.

"Then how long will you stay here?"

"I have no idea. Don't know anything about it, just like my own life..." He said bitterly.

"How is your husband?" He asked in a mocking tone and she got irritated like always.

"If you dislike him then why did you ask?" And he laughed.