Chapter one

I blow the brown hair covering my left eye feeling the heat of my breath as it only moves so slightly. I laid on the cold, polished, old wood floor in the center on the living room lazily. A shadow of a person cast over my small body. The person whom the shadow belonged too is named Haru. The second youngest child in our family.

"Why lay on the floor when there are couches"? I glared up at him stubbornly. " I can do what I want". My voice comes out stubbornly. " Reeeeally"? He smirked. Before I knew what was happening air flew out of my legs as his strong arms rip me off the wood floor and onto the warm, soft cushions of our tan couch.

I sat up my hair frizzy from the impact. My eyes narrow at my now smiling brother. " It looks as though you need to reiterate your statement from before". He mocked. I don't move, not a muscle in my body bends and I allow my narrowed brown eyes to glare at him staring into his soul. Most people got scared by my death glare, Yet all of my brothers, especially Haru, knew this face all too well.

He walked over with long strides and gently ruffled my hair. " No pouting". He said. " I only play you know that". I scrunched up my nose. "Jerk". I speak like a true sister. He only chuckled turned and walked away sticking his hand into the pockets of the solid black hoodie he commonly wore.

After a couple short minutes I lifted myself from the couch and wandered down the long hall. There were eight spruce wood doors along the hallway each marking a different location. At the beginning of the hall were jaren and noah's rooms directly across each other. A Little farther down were logan and levi's rooms. Next was haru's room and the bathroom. Lastly was my room and an empty room we never entered after the 'incident'.

After I make it to the end of the hall I slow my feet to a stop in front of the closed door, The door that will probably never open again due to the family tradition. I clenched my fist, turned my shoulder, and pulled my body from the spot entering my room.

I sigh resting my hand on the mint green wall. The wind from the A/C blew throughout the room like a cool breeze blew through the leaves and branches of high forest trees; The room also smelled of pine the relaxation of the spring and summer months had overcome me.

A smile rested on my face as I walked over to the handmade desk where my father's initials still engraved into its body. A booklet laded rested in the center of what to me was complete organization, yet to the rest of the world... chaos. I pick up the book flipping the cover open ever so slightly and going through each page one by one. The pages were full of chalk, pencil, and pastel. Combining into a piece of art on every page.

In my mind it was not something someone would have expected. The youngest child of a family of assassins drawing? What a waste of time... I would sometimes think. Then again, My brothers never allowed me to go with them. I never got to train, fight, or even leave the forest. I was safe here. They all intended for it to stay that way. It isn't fair... But trust me when I say I have tried too. Yet every single time they catch me sneaking out and it doesn't end well.

I guess I understood why they do so. I was the last girl in our family not to mention their youngest sibling. It's their job, and under the circumstances I would have done the same thing. They did watch what happened to my mother.

Whatever it was... That is another secret I had never been told. No one ever would I got scolded for it every time I asked. It frustrated me to on end, The nagging feeling in my stomach never ceased when that topic was brought up.

In some way I felt like I had caused that event and it always left me unsteady. I heard a gentle knock on my bedroom door as it creaked opened revealing levi. " Dinner time jaren made ramen with a side of shrimp". My eyes went wide and I bolted past him and flew through the house till i felt someone grab the back of my shirt and pull me back. " Hold on their monkey slow down now".