Chapter two

I lied on the cushions of my bed the soft feathered pillows rested beneath my head. I had been blankly staring at my pale white wall in the darkness of the room I had been locked into like a prisoner in a cell.

My mind stirred with confusion and stress from the 'talk' me and Jaren had. To me though it had seemed more of a scolding in which I had no point of view on the subject of MY future.

" We know what's best for you Helena". Jaren's words repeated over and over in my cursed memory. " You should listen to us for your best interest". These words annoyed me to no end. No doubt countless words and curses of frustration had crossed my mind. I had stayed up all night because of this.

I see a dim light start to poor into the walls of my room as the sun rose steadily over the trees. I sat up and turned my body to peer out the window behind my bed. The sky was decorated in light pinks and oranges of all shades.

This fact relaxed me a bit. To know the sun will always rise into another day. Then again I had this twisted feeling in my stomach. What's the point of another day if it's always the same as the last?

With that I pulled my body away from the window and gazed onto my bed sheets. My hand traced the pattern of flowers delicately. This was mothers comforter. I wonder if see stayed up on long nights and wondered over her life...

I wonder if she and father ever got into arguments like me and the boys... I wonder if she had the thoughts I did of rage and irrational ideas. For her to lay in this bed and be filled with worry and stress as I am now?

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even Haru, and he was the most annoying person ever. Then again I have never met anyone else besides my brothers. Oh, mother why did you have to go off somewhere?

If you were here everything would be so different. After all, I would be allowed to go where the boys do and see what they see. Yet that will never happen because you're gone and no one will tell me why.

This irritated me to no end. I was thinking about it for hours. So long I could see all my things clearly from the sunlight without even switching on a signal man-made light.

A quiet knock on my door finally snapped me out of my daze as Jacob opened my door. The door made a sort of high pitched creaking sound as he poked his head inside.

" Its breakfast time". Jacob spoke and I slid out of bed and rubbed at my tired eyes. Not to my surprise, Jacob's outfit was the same as usual. Ripped jeans with a black skull t-shirt. Over his shirt, he had a red worn-out jacket.

His dark brown hair slightly covered his eye. Jacob was the quiet one. In all honesty I knew so little about him you could barley call me his sister. I had only held one real conversation with him in my life.

I somehow managed to get him talking about comics with me when I was seven and had stumbled into the box of them in the hall. Other than that nothing I would count as a conversation.

" I'll be out in a minute let me get dressed". I stated and he nodded without a word and walked away. Trudging to my dresser I pulled out a blue flowing tank top and some leggings. As well as tieing a green hoodie around my waist and strolled into the hall.

Before I was even halfway down a heard voices. "Water...hanger...soaking wet ". finally, a louder voice covered the two voices. " Haru apologize!" Jaren strictly appointed.

I walked into the room to find Levi, who was still in his pajamas, drenched standing in a forming water puddle on the floor. On the other end, Haru has a mischievous smirk on his face. The glint in Haru's eye had meant something bad had happened. Or to be less polite Haru plaid a trick on Levi because he was a jerk.