twenty nine

┌            ┐
chapter twenty-nine !
└             ┘

┌                                                    ┐ chapter twenty-nine !└                                                     ┘

_____________

"Yes, Peter, I have everything ready." Luna nodded for what it felt like the tenth time. "I'll see you there."

"Don't forget to put an extra bottle of cold water, in case it gets lost or you finish it."

"Peter..."

"Okay! Okay! I'll see you there. I'll be the one screaming the loudest."

"No sign?"

The boy scoffed from the other side of the line. "C'mon, girl, you know I got a sign. The biggest sign."

"Okay, I'll be looking for you." She smiled as she finished adding contents inside her duffel bag. "I have to hang up. See you there."

"Yeah, okay. Good luck, babe."

As soon as Luna ended the call, she felt a presence lingering in the room. She grabbed one of her daggers from the duffel bag and turned around, only to find Leo staring at her with bewilderment. The brunette sighed deeply and rolled her eyes.

"I'm busy."

"I can see that." Leo nodded. "Unfortunately, someone wants to talk to you." He handed her the phone.

Anger took over Luna as she read the name of the contact, she snatched the phone from her cousin's hand and pressed it against her ear with harsh movements.

"What?"

"Hello, darling. How have you been?"

"Father, now it's not the time for you to call me and ask me how I've been."

"Ah, ah." He tsked, and Luna's anger turned into frustration. "I need a favor."

"I have something to do. Tell Leo to do it."

"Leo's not the Wraith though." This made her stop pacing. "I caught you attention, I see."

"Can't it wait? I have a track competition in an hour."

"Track competition? I've been gone for two months and you've turned into a full-time student? Stop pretending to be someone you're not."