forty two

┌ ┐

chapter forty-two !

└ ┘

└                                             ┘

_____________

The heel of his expensive boots clinked against the expensive, white marble tile, a smirk prominent on his features as he made his way towards them. "Let me take a better look at her."

In a swift move, Leo had lifted her up and pressed her back against his chest, her small knife now pressed on her own throat. The brunette bit her lip to stop herself from screaming, or saying something that could make her situation worse... if that was possible.

"Where are they?" She asked through gritted teeth. "What did you do to them?"

"Ah, Jae-hyun and the others are good if that's what you're concerned about." He stepped closer to her. "As for your beloved cousin..." The man looked up with a bright, devilish grin. "He did a great job, huh? Keeping me updated of your progress."

Luna held her breath, meeting the man's gaze with bravery. "I don't have a cousin."

He threw his head back as he laughed. "You're adorable hija mía."

"I'm not your daughter either, you made it very clear all those years ago."

The smile left his lips, he made his way towards her and grabbed her face with strength, the girl didn't hesitate to glare back as strongly as he was, in fact, she looked at him with fierce and determination in her eyes. Otto was almost impressed.

"Well⏤"

A ting interrupted them, and the three turned to find the doors of the elevator opening again, only this time to reveal a rushed Peter barging in with puffy eyes and a mouth full of unspoken words. He came to a halt, his eyes immediately falling on the knife pressed on Luna's already bleeding neck.

Otto dropped his hand and clasped his hands together. "Isn't this marvelous? A cute reunion between exes, did you come back to stop her from leaving to Switzerland?"

"Who are you?" Peter blurted, preparing his web shooters.

The man turned to Luna with a mocking pout. "You didn't tell him about me?" The girl pressed her lips together with strength. "Ouch... Well, I guess I should introduce myself."

"You're Otto."

"Ding! Ding!" He clapped. "Well, that's a relief. I was hurt that my daughter didn't tell you anything about me."

"Let her go." The boy ordered, his eyes switching from Luna to the man in front of him. "I won't ask twice."

"You're adorable, you know? Thinking that, one, I will do what you say and two, trying to fight battles that aren't yours."