Chapter seven The first date

So tonight I'm going on a date with justin. How am I so lucky to go ok a date with the most popular guy in school. Also the baddest.

I went shopping after school with Caroline trying to figure out what to wear.

Once I got home she helped me get ready. I had white shorts on with a blue flowing too on with white vans. Caroline curled my hair and did my makeup. She knew how to make me look hot without a lot.

I checked the mirror a thousand times. Than the doorbell rang. It was him.

I checked the mirror once again. "You are fine! You look great! Now let's go!"

Caroline yelled pushing me out of my room. I grabbed my purse and phone.

As I was walking down the stairs I saw Skylar letting justin in.

~Justin's POV~

"Oh hi justin!" I heard Emma say as she was coming down the stairs. I couldn't help but stare.

God she was such a pretty girl. I am glad to be going on a date with her.

"Justin?" Emma put her hand on my shoulder. I was to distracted to realize she was down the stairs.

"Oh hi. You ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I am!" Emma replied looking down at herself one last time.

"You look amazing!" I whispered into her ear. That made her smile.

We got in the car and drove off. It was silent for a little. I knew Emma was trying to figure out what to say. So was I.

After a couple minutes Emma looked at me and asked, "so where are we going?"

"Well since we live in Florida and there's a boardwalk 30 minutes from here I thought we could go there. Have dinner and than maybe a walk on the beach?" I looked over and saw her face light up.

"Omg that is the most amazing first date ever!" She shrieked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We arrived at my favorite place to eat on the boardwalk. CDB's Southside Italian Restaurant & Bar. I got us a table in 10 mins.

We sat right on the balcony where you can see the beach. "Justin this is gorgeous." Emma squealed when she sat down. I pushed her chair in and went to sit down.

While we waited for our drinks we just told each other things about us. "My parents got divorced when I was 4. My dad got custody of me and my sister. And I really glad the way my life turned out." I told Emma. She just sat there playing with her napkin. "Emma?"

"Huh?" She looked up at me. "Oh, I'm sorry about your parents." She looked to see the waiter with our drinks.

"Shirley timple and a lemonade" said the waiter as he put the drinks down. Emma got the Shirley timple.

"So Emma. What about your parents?" She shot up when I said that. "Are they divorced or still together?"

"Umm my dad left when I was 2 so I don't know where he is. He sends us money but with no address. And my mom," she looked down. "She died 4 years ago" I saw tear slip down we face.

"Emma I'm so sorry" I grabbed her hand.

"No I am. When my mom died I shut everyone out. Moved without saying goodbye to my best friends. And all it did was make my life a living hell" she looked up. "I haven't been happy. My brother and I just moved back one because the only person we had left that we know of just died, my grandma. Also we missed Florida"

"Emma It's not your fault you couldn't handle the pain." I said trying to reassure her.

She squeezed my hand. "Thank you."

We went on talking, laughing, and just getting to know each other. After eating we headed down to the beach.

~Emma's POV~

God look at him. His smile. We were on the beach, sitting in the sand laughing. "I love your laugh" I said. I covered my mouth quick. "I wasn't supposed to say that"

He laughed again. "I love your laugh too." He than stood up and put his hand out.

"What?" I asked. He took his hand back and then put it out again so I grabbed it.

"Let's go for a walk down the shoreline." He told me as he began to walk. I hid my phone and purse in Justin's car after we ate so no one stole it. Also just in case I someone get thrown in.

After a couple mins of walking. Justin let go of my hand and walked towards the water and splashed me.

"Stop it!" I said splashing water at him. He splashed me again and I tried to run. Than I felt an arm around and noticed it was Justin's. "Put me down!!" I screamed, laughing at the same time.

"Nah I'm good." Justin said walking towards the water with me in is arms.

"And to think there would've been a second date" after I said that he put me down right at the shore line. "I knew it."

We just stood there staring at each other for a couple mins.

"Emma I-" Justin began to speak but I cut him off.

"Justin since I've moved back.. I haven't been happy. It seemed like no one cared. No one liked me. No one wanted to been seen with me. Like I was a failure. Until now. You make me laugh and smile. I can see you like me. You want to be seen with me. And you don't think I'm a failure" I grabbed his hands. "And I thank you for that. For making me happy!" That's when I felt his warm soft lips on mine.

"Best first date ever!" Justin screamed whispered. And than he kissed me again.

I agree. It was the best first day ever.