• Prologue •

Prologue
•Hannah•

When I was two, I lost my mom and had no recollection of any memories of her except for pictures and stories told to me by dad and Nana.

When I was three, dad remarried and I was excited to have gained a new mom.

When I was four, dad and my stepmom had a baby. I was very excited to have gained a new baby sister.

When I was five, I was confused to why my stepmom didn't pay any attention to me. My dad told me it was because Laela was still a baby and needed a lot of attention. He told me to have a big heart and be more forgiving. I couldn't help but notice the sad look in dad's eyes. Did he miss mom as much as I did?

When I was twelve, dad traveled a lot for his business and left me home alone with my stepmom and Laela. Sometimes Laela would cry and tell my stepmom that I picked on her. My stepmom would drag me to a dark closet and lock me in for hours. I would cry and beg for forgiveness but no one would listen. I began to hate dark places. They frighten me.

When I was sixteen, they told me dad's airplane crashed and he wasn't coming home. Now I no longer had a mom or a dad to call my own. I miss dad so much. He was my protector, the light to my darkness.

When I was eighteen, my stepmom kicked me out of the house because she said she couldn't stand looking at a murderer. She told me that it was my fault that dad died. She said if he hadn't felt like he needed to work so hard to give me everything I wanted, he wouldn't have had the need to travel so much. She said that her job was done and she would no longer take care of me.

But Nana told me not to worry and took me in. She had always loved me, nurtured me, gave me what she could, and taught me to keep my head up high.

But I had just turned twenty-one and lost the last person that mattered in my life...

What am I going to do without Nana? How am I suppose to face this cruel world without mom, dad, and Nana?

~~~

Author's Note: This is a preview of what I'm working on. It may be a slow update because I have a lot going on right now. So please be patient with me. Hopefully this will keep you intrigued to stay with me. Love you all! 😘