|dazai|

"Y/N!" A gentle voice called out.
"Come on! At this rate we'll never make it in time!"
Your friend starts tugging on your sleeve.
"Ah, sorry." You smiled, looking up at your friend, who was frustratedly pulling you alongside him.
He blinkes noticing your gaze and starts shifting uncomfortably.
"Are you okay? You've been staring at me for some time now."
"Yeah,sorry. Don't worry about it."
"Could you?"
"Oh, right."

Just as your eyes moved they noticed another figure, making their way through the crowd. The figure seemed to have a one sided conversation with a tall rather strict looking individual. The latter was too busy yelling at the person of your interest to notice he was slowly slipping out of his view of vision towards a nearby bridge.

His slender figure hurried to the object as if his life depended on it and leaned down admiring the dirty brown water, flowing down the stream.
"Nice view, eh?" As you spoke up, he turned around startled by your presence.
"You know, you really shouldn't lean on the fence that much, it's not very stable." You shook the fence and just like you said, the fence wobbled. The young man smiled at you cheerily as if he wasn't at risk at falling over into the river anytime soon.

"What brings you here?" He questions while carefuly stepping from the weak fence.
"Hmm, boredom, curiousity, I wanted to skip my morning clasess." You shrugged looking away slightly embarassed by the fact you basicaly followed him. However his knowing grin, made it clear he was aware of your presence all along.

Before you could even fully register what was happening he had started introducing himself.
"The name's Dazai, Dazai Osamu."
"I go by Y/N L/N.Nice to meet you Dazai."
"Likewise." As he uttered the last word, a comfortable silence settled in. The only sound to be heard were the rhythmic beating of your hearts and the occasional car driving by.

Even if you had just met and only spoken a few words to eachother, you felt oddly at peace. There was this calming feeling about his presence, something that's hard to come by you could tell. It's as if all your worries that were building up for-

"Y/N! There you are and I thought I had lost you." Your friend's blonde curles fell on his face as he shook his head in dissapointment.
"It's the second time this week! You've got to stop doing this to me."
Smiling sheepishly you could only nod your head, before he started muttering about your tardiness and dragging you along.

As you were pulled away from the previously serene scenery, you could feel your new aquintance slipping a crumpled up piece of paper in your pocket. Offering him a small smile at him you knew this wasn't your final goodbye as he grinned back at you waving his hand slightly.

You held your head in boredom, as the professor went on about the subject you weren't very interested in. Suddenly you remember the small piece of paper resting inside your pocket and eagerly you uncruple it, noticing the contents.
There was a phone number and a neatly written message under it.
"I'd love to get to know you more.-Dazai"