|edogawa|

"I'm surprised you agreed to this, honestly." A pair of yellow violet eyes scanning your figure. Your movement comes to an abrupt halt, as the words register in your mind.
"Atsushi."
"Yes?"
"Isn't it obvious?" You laugh before continuing your sentence dead serious.
"I've lost what little was left of my dignity a long time ago." You pause, before inhaling sharply. "Besides, all I have to do is accompany him to the crime scene."
"That's not what I meant, but sure." An unusually sly smile resting on his lips. "By the way, the love of you-" covering his mouth annoyed, you check the office if there was a possibility someone might have overheard you two.
"Ahem, as I was saying RANPO, is leaving the office, you might want to catch up."

Already at the door you wave goodbye to your white haired friend, before catching up to the sugar-loving detective who was already making his way down the flight of stairs.
"H-hey Ranpo, wait!" Rushing down the steps, you nearly knock the both of you over when you collide with his chest.
"Y/n! I was just looking for you, let's go!" He chimes smiling widely.
"H-hah, let me just catch- let me just catch my breath." Inhaling deeply, you hold your cheeks red from embarassement.
"You're so funny y/n!" Chuckles Ranpo before he hooks his arm with yours and continues to skip down the stairs.

After a long walk to the station and a somewhat awkward train ride, you reach the destination and unsuprisingly the candy addict was able to solve the case in less than a minute.
"I want candy." Not being in a fighting mood you decide agreeing with him is the best option. And thus, yet again the messy haired brunette hooked his arm in yours making sure the two of you were walking in sync.
Not bothering to cover your rose colored cheeks, a small smile takes over your features.

Entering the sweets shop, even looking around makes you nausious, all the sugar and bring colors looking sickening. Waiting patiently, you subconciuosly start tapping your foot while watching the brunette picking out the sweets excitedly. Right after the candy was payed for he clutched your hand and in his jumbled mess of words you could only understand the words "river" and "bench".
"Y/n." He turns his head towards you seriously. "These are for you."
Taking a paper bag from his hands you peer into it's contents curiously. Eyes widening in shock, you look at him for conformation.
"There, now you don't have to confess to me first" A smug grin adorning his face as he watches your eyes widen while franticaly trying to avoid eye contact with him. You question him shakily not sure whether you should be happy or die of embarassement,but already sure of his answer.
"How do you know abou-" An amused chuckle interrupting your incoming rant.
"Dazai's dare? I'm a detective and an ability user at that." He pauses for a mere second before gazing into your eyes hopefully.
"So, what do you say?" his voice softens repeating the words written on the pastry resting in your lap.

"Will you be my valentine?"

~
Sooo uh I know that valentine's day was a few days ago and I was planning to post it then, but then some school stuff came up and I decided to post it today. And yeah a valentine's day themed story that wasn't even posted on valentine's day, I mean technically it's not entirely valentine's day themed and now I'm just ranting. But I hope you enjoyed the story, whoever happens to read this. :,,)