Ch. 2 ~ School Time

"Alright, go unpack, I'll start dinner soon." My mother ordered and walked into the house.

Lilah and I tugged our bags out of the trunk and walked up to the front door. The house was on the small side, white with beige shutters, a one car garage, and a small sunroom on the back. The inside had a kitchen/ dining room, a living room, 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.

"Ok Lilah, I'm sure you remember that I called the bedroom on the right. So, don't try and take it." I looked down at her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I know you only wanted that room because of the roof right outside your window." She raised her eyebrows up at me.

"Yeah, so?"

"Do you plan on sneaking out a lot? Because I'm sure now that dad's not around mom will let us go out." She looked down and said. Dad never let us go out.

"Nevermind it Delilah." I patted her back and walked in, making my way to the stairs. I went up and walked down the hallway to my right. I reached the end of the hall where there were three doors, entering the one to my left.

The movers had already brought our furniture to the house, so my bed and desk were already here. I plopped my suitcase on my bed and zipped it open. I continued to put most if my things away when my mom called us down for dinner.

We ate mostly in silence, talking a little about the house. But then my mother brought up tomorrow.

"So, girls, are you excited to start school tomorrow?" She smiled and shoved some mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"That's a really stupid question mom. Of course not." I snapped at her.

Delilah looked at me with sad eyes.

"What she meant to say was that it will be new, so we both don't know what to expect. I don't think we are excited, we are kinda anxious. At least I am." She finished with a small smile towards my mom.

"I understand. It will be new, but I'm sure it will be good for you girls. Maybe you'll make some new friends!" My mom smiled.

"Maybe." Lilah responded.

I hated the idea of starting a new school my senior year. I only had a few friends back at my old one, and I made sure to break things off with them before I left. It was easier to move on that way.

~~<<>~~

After dinner I helped mom clean up. I could tell there was something on her mind.

"I'm sorry if I upset you during dinner, it was a silly question to ask. I just really want you guys to be happy here." She sniffled. I looked up from the plate I was drying. She had tears in her eyes and a small frown on her face.

"No mom it's okay, I'm sorry for being rude to you. I know that you are trying your hardest, and Delilah and I both appreciate all of this. We are happy, or at least I think we are going to be." I half smiled at her.

"Okay honey, now I'll finish the rest of this, go to bed." She kissed my forehead before I walked away.

I really was tired from our day of driving, so I brushed my teeth and laid out my uniform for tomorrow.

I fell onto my unmade bed and sighed. Before I could get up and actually make my bed, I had already fell into a deep sleep.

::::::(((()))))::::::

I woke up to the sound of Delilah's radio playing "Chocolate" by The 1975. I lifted myself out my bed, walked halfway down the hall, and went straight to the shower. Lilah must have already got hers because there was a wash cloth laying on the shower floor.

I washed up and got out, throwing a towel around me. I walked over to Delilah's room and knocked, walking in before she had the chance to answer.

She was sitting on her vanity chair doing her makeup, stopping and looking at me as I entered.

"You aren't ready yet? Hurry the hell up, I need a ride and I refuse to be late my first day!" She turned around and scowled at me. She was always grumpy in the morning, whilst morning was my favorite time of day.

"Jeez I'm hurrying, no need to start on me." I laughed and walked back over to my room. I looked at the uniform I had hanging on the handle of my closet, and felt the need to rip the hideous thing to shreds.

I knew mom was just trying to do her best, and by "doing her best" she decided to enter us into a private school. I knew that she used a lot of our money to enter us at the place, and from what I heard it wasn't filled with the usual snobs that can afford a private school like this. I just wasn't sure.

I slipped on the uniform and applied some light makeup. I checked myself out in the bathroom mirror and frowned. I wasn't the skinniest girl, or the prettiest. Although, I would never let anybody know I thought that. I didn't really like talking about my personal thoughts to anybody, especially about insecurities.

I never had the chance to talk to someone about myself anyways. What I had been through has required me to be strong, so I cared about others, like my sister.

I would sit and listen to her talk, and would try to make her feel better. I would even listen to my mom if she needed it, so there was really no time for me. I didn't mind it though, I would do anything for those two.

I tried to skip breakfast and the " first day, new school" speech, but unfortunately that didn't plan out as I had hoped.

My mother made pancakes and told us to sit and eat with her. She ended up going on and on about how it was a new start and to keep an open mind.

She gave Lilah a kiss on the cheek and said her goodbye. I walked to the doorway and smiled at her saying bye. I passed her and she smacked my ass.

I looked back at her wide-eyed, and she laughed and waved. I shook my head as I met Lilah at the car. I laughed a little to myself as I opened the door and sat in the drivers seat of my car. It was a 1967 Chevy Impala and I had driven it up here the week before.

I started the car and drive off to what would hopefully be a somewhat okay start. Hopefully.

A/N Once again a short chapter! I thought I would just go ahead and update today. Vote, comment, like, tell your wattpad friends! ;) Love you!! xx

~Zo