Ch. 1 ~ Moving Out

"CAT!!!!!!"

I heard my mom yell up the stairs. I shoved my blankets off my body and sat up. I usually don't mind mornings, but today I made sure to make how miserable I was known, and groaned as I lifted myself off my bed.

Today was the day. Today was the day I would be leaving my childhood home, and all the good (but mostly bad) memories behind.

I rubbed my eyes and walked down the hall to the bathroom. That's one thing I wouldn't miss, the cramped up, retro-styled bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, and continued my morning routine. I then threw everything into my travel bag, because I would need to bring all my necessities along.

I wouldn't need to leave anything here, because I wouldn't even be returning to see my dad. My mother had gained full custody, and I didn't ever want to see the jackass man I call a father ever again.

I finished packing up everything and set my two suitcases by my bedroom door. I threw on some comfy clothes, considering I would be in the car all day.

"Cat, hurry up I need some help with my suitcases when you're done." I watched as my little sister Delilah looked down the hall to me and pointed at me with toothbrush in hand.

"Okay squirt, don't forget to brush your tongue!" I laughed and grabbed my suitcases, pulling them down the steps after me.

I walked out to our mini van, throwing my suitcases in the trunk.

"Catalina, will you go help you-"

"Already planning on it mom" I interrupted, giving her a peck on the cheek as I walked back up to Delilah's room.

I grabbed a huge suitcase, probably filled with her massive collection if shoes, and hauled it out to the van.

Delilah followed a few seconds later with her two other bags in hand, and chucked them in the back.

"Watch you don't take someone's head off throwing your bags like that!" I joked and slammed the trunk shut.

"Maybe I want to take your head off!" She laughed and hopped in the backseat, pulling her door shut behind her. I took my usual seat up front and watched as my mom made her way to the drivers seat.

"Alright girls, here we go. This is going to be a great new start for us." She grabbed my hand and gave a shaky smile. I grinned back, unsure if what she was saying would be true.

We started pulling out of the driveway when mom stepped on the breaks. She parked the car and rolled down the front two windows in our Mini Van.

"Hey, thought you were going to leave without saying goodbye?" Asked my best friend, Harry from my window.

"You said goodbye about fifteen times last night at the Goodbye Party you threw for us!" I smiled at him laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Well I'm hear to say bye for real now. Be safe, Skype me everyday, write letters-"

"Okay, Harold I get it! I'll call you when we get there," I smiled.

"Okay, bye all!" He smiled with his classic dimples, and took one of my hands in his.

We sat there staring at each other for a minute. I eventually patted our entwined hands and let go, rolling my window up. We all waved as we pulled out of the driveway, and started down the lane.

After a few minutes of driving I heard Delilah silently crying.

"What's wrong Lilah?" I asked surprised, I didn't think leaving this shithole would be so upsetting to her.

"It's just, I-I grew up here, so d-did you Cat. I know most of it was shit," she weeped, my mom looking at her with sad eyes through the rear view mirror, "But, it was my first and only home, yanno? I did have some good memories here." She stopped and wiped her nose with her hand.

"I know Lilah, I understand. This has been my only home, but I think where we are going now will bring us more memories, great ones at that. So don't get all worked up, everything is about to get better, I promise." I looked back at her and smiled.

"I agree, this is going to be great!" My mom looked at me and Lilah, smiling.

I could see it though. I could see that under all that hype and her trying to stay positive, she was scared. Extremely scared, because she had never lived a life without my dad, none of us had.

I knew she was trying to make us feel better, and I hoped it worked for Lilah. But to tell the truth, I was terrified. Absolutely terrified of living our own lives. But I guess I would just have to go with it, because that's all I could afford to do at this point.

A/N Hey everybody! So I know this chapter is short, but I was just too excited to wait to write! I have SO much planned for this book! Thanks to all that are deciding to read, I am super excited! The next chapter will definitely be longer! Like,comment,and vote please!

Love youu

~Zo