Part 15

After school you and Tom walked out of the classroom together, talking and feeling the "subtle" stare of Mr. Stan.

You quickly walked out of the door and both of you went to your lockers before walking out to the parking lot.

You both got in your cars and you had to follow Tom back to his house.

You parked on the street and he parked in the driveway and you hopped out of the car, grabbing your stuff and following him into the house. There seemed to be nobody home as you followed him up the stairs and to his room.

"Is there anyone here?" you asked as you followed him.

"Nope. My parents are out of town till tomorrow," he said as you arrived in his room.

"Wow, Tom. Just wow. I see what the meaning of this is..." you said as he walked into his room and you stood in the doorway, "You invite me over when nobody's home."

"No, it's not like that..." Tom objected, looking back at you as he sat on the edge of his bed.

You raised your eyebrows.

"...completely..." he added to the end of his sentence and you just sighed.

"Tell me what happened," he said.

"He kissed me," you said, cutting straight to the point as you walked in the room.

You sat in a chair as he stayed on the edge of his bed. His room was normal sized and nice and clean. He had a dresser and a bed and a desk and a chair and a door that you assumed was to the closet.

"He WHAT?!" he asked, shocked; was there jealousy in his eyes??

"Well...i kissed him....but he kissed back. And then he said that he couldn't be around me and i said i'd just stay away from him and he said it's for the best and today he tried to switch me out of his class but i said i didn't want a schedule change so he's stuck with me," you explained.

"Oh wow. Lots of tea," he replied, stroking his chin as he thought, "Why dont you tell him?"

"I can't. I already told you," you explained.

"What makes me so special?" tom asked with a small grin.

"It was a mistake," you replied, and tom looked a tad hurt by the words.

Whoops.

"Okay well anyway that's the tea- you want to work on homework together now?" you asked.

"Wait you still do homework even though you're not a student?" he asked.

"Duh. None of my teachers know so i have no excuse," you replied.

"Well, that sucks," he said, looking exasperated, "Why dont you bring your stuff over here onto the bed so you can have more space?"

"Im good right here, thanks," you replied, eyeing him suspiciously....

•••

It was 6 and you were getting hungry.

"Tom do you have food?" you asked- you had just finished up the last of the homework you had and so had he.

"You want to go out to dinner?" he offered.

"No, that's okay..." you began.

"Come onnnnn," Tom begged.

0Fine," you replied.

The two of you got up and you got in the car with Tom to head to a restaurant....

•••

You arrived at a more casual italian restaurant and surprisingly got seated right away. You and tom sat across from each other and you began looking at the menu, wondering what to get. You finally chose fettuccini alfredo with chicken gnocchi soup and told tom that you had to go to the bathroom. You got up and walked to the bathroom, and that's when you saw the familiar face sitting at not too far of a distance.

Mr. Stan.

And he wasn't alone.

Right across from him was a beautiful woman.

Really??

You ducked past as fast as possible and rushed to the bathroom.

Then you did your best to sneak back to your seat and hurriedly sat down across from tom.

"Mr. Stan is here," you said, out of breath.

"What??" he replied, confused.

"With a woman," you added, and he looked even more confused.

"Wow. We should make him jealous," Tom said, and you could tell an idea was forming in his brain.

"How?" you asked.

"I'll tell you later."

•••

You both quickly finished your food, paid, and walked out of the restaurant, hand in hand.

Then, you followed tom to a bench right outside of the door.

The two of you sat down.

"When Mr. Stan walks out the door he will see us looking into each other's eyes so he knows it's us and then we'll kiss. He's most likely trying to distract himself with that woman and seeing us kiss will probably still infuriate him," Tom suggested.

Perfect.

So, the two of you sat on the bench for a while until you finally could see Mr. Stan approaching the door. He hadn't seen the two of you yet. You quickly turned to look at Tom, getting so closed as you looked deeply into his eyes. You heard the door open and were just hoping that Mr. Stan was watching as you both leaned in and you kissed Toms lips.

It was enough to ignite your entire body and you kissed him passionately, your arms moving around his neck and his hands holding the sides of your face. You could've sworn you heard a scoff as you kissed him.

After what felt like forever, you both were pulling away.

You thought they were gone but as you stood up you saw Mr. Stan and the woman in the parking lot.

Mr. Stan was kissing her passionately, pressing her against the car.

What???!

You wanted to go slap him but you held in your anger and just grabbed toms hand and pulled him to the car with you.

"I cant believe it!" you shouted as tom was driving you back to his house, "he goes and kisses another lady when we literally kissed two nights ago! the nerve!!"

"Well i mean he saw us kissing..." tom replied.

"That's different!!" you said.

You never thought you'd be the one jealous. As soon as you got back to his house he parked and the two of you went up the stairs back to his room.

"I cant believe he would just do something like that. Like seriously!!" you said.

"Everyone needs a distraction sometimes," tom replied.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed, and you turned to look at him.

"Distraction.." you murmured as you walked closer to him.

You highly surprised yourself as you got onto his lap, facing him, your legs wrapping around his waist as you looked at him.

You knew his heart was racing and you saw him gulp as he looked at you.

"Would I be a total jerk and taking advantage of you to ask you to be my distraction right now?" you asked, "No strings of emotions attached or anything?"

"It would be my pleasure," Tom said, grinning as he stared at your lips.

He leaned in to kiss you but you stopped him, placing your finger on his lips, "No strings attached. No feelings allowed."

He nodded eagerly and you moved your finger, breaking the distance and crashing your lips to his.

1212 words