One of a Kind Surprise

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!

A/N: These one-shots are in no particular order. They do not follow a timeline or tie in with any other stories unless previously mentioned in an author's note!!!

Natasha POV:

        I walk in the house cold, wet, hungry, and tired. These past missions have put a strain on my body that I can't seem to shake away. I've put on at least 5 pounds, giving my belly a small bump that apparently is only noticeable by me. Stumbling around my floor at the Avengers Tower, I make my way to he kitchen. There at the island is a slew of my favorite foods in the world made by my favorite cook in existence. I search around the ample space looking for the wonderful chef who decided to bless me with these treats.

        My stomach grumbles from hunger and churns when I see the most amazing person in the world standing in front of me.

        "You're home," he says, his voice thick with an emotion I once thought was for children.

        "Steve," I breathe lightly and run up and throw my arms around him.

        "I missed you," he tells me, holding me in a tight embrace.

        I melt into his touch and reach up and kiss him passionately. Our lips mold and move together in a sensual dance. Sparks fly and warmth spreads through my body. I moan as his tongue makes it's way into my mouth stripping away any fatigue whatsoever. All I can think about is my beautiful husband and how much longed for this moment.

        When we finally break away I whisper in his ear, "I love you, Steve."

        "As do I Nat. I love you more than anything on earth." He states confidently.

        I smile and sit down at the island as he piles my plate with delicacies. I eat quickly so that I may be able to enjoy tonight to the fullest.

                                                        **********************************

2 weeks later.......

        "Natasha, we got to go, the charity gala starts in 25 minutes!" Steve says as he knocks on the door. "It takes 35 minutes to get there."

        "I'm coming, you know we are only gonna be ten minutes late. It's not then end of world." I mutter, doing the finishing touches on my hair and make up.

        I check myself over once more in the mirror. The dress is mermaid style. It's black, gold, and sheer. The back of the gown is bare all the way down to the small of my back. A slit in the front of the dress nearly reaches my hip. I smile at the bright red lipstick on my lips and how my bright red curls are pinned up in a forties hairstyle. My nails are black and gold complementing the dress along with the earrings and shoes. Completely satisfied, I walk out the door to Steve.

        His jaw drops at my entrance. Steve's eyes are running across my body in a lustful dance. I smile at this reaction but feel a slight pressure in my abdomen. I ignore it and walk out the door to he limo with Steve.

        When we get to the gala, cameras flash brightly, everyone trying to get a glimpse of the most influential and surprising couple in the world. We smile for a few pictures but quickly make our way inside. Steve and I make our way through the crowds looking for the other Avengers. Finally, Tony comes into view along with Pepper. After about five minutes of talking, we make out way to the dance floor. Steve twirls me around repeatedly. we sway on the dance floor for about two hour when we finally head to the bar. I talk with Pepper and Bobbi for a little while when a sharp pain hits my abdomen.

        "Are you alright?" Bobbi asks with concern.

        "Ya I'm fine...Ah," I gasp as another wave of pain hits and I clutch my stomach.

        Pepper holds onto me while Bobbi goes to find Steve.

        "What happened?!" she exclaims.

        " I don't know, but it hurts more than anything I've ever felt before."

        Pepper's eyes widen as I collapse in her arms. Finally Steve gets there with Bruce, Betty, Bobbi, and Tony. He takes me in his arms, holding on tightly.

        "I-I-I think... someone... may have... poisoned me." I exhale shakily.

        "I'm here baby," Steve strokes my face gently. "We need to get her to a hospital or the tower now!"

        Bobbi goes to get the others while the rest of us run to the tower. I yell in pain and clutch my as the pain blinds me.

        "I'm not gonna make it," I say. "We have to stop here."

        The limo stops and Betty and Bruce start to check  me, "Natasha, is there any way you could be pregnant?" she asks.

        I shake my head, "No the Red Room made it to where I can never kids. If I do, my body rejects it." I sob after remembering the time I had gotten pregnant during a mission and miscarried the baby.

        "Well I'm going to check just in case, because I think you're having another miscarriage." she says
.        I nod my consent as tears stream down my face. A baby. Mine and Steve's baby....... and my body is killing it. The one thing I wanted more than anything, they took away from me.

        Betty reaches her hand up underneath my dress and gasps, "Natasha you are nine centimeters dilated. You are in labor and are going to have a baby right now. I'm going to break your water now, okay?"

        My eyes widen and I nod, frantically searching for Steve and Pepper's hands. Steve kisses my forehead and whispers tender words in my ear. I squeeze both his and Pepper's arms when Bruce tells me it's time to push. Tony runs out of the car and calls for an ambulance.

        I push with all my might as the pain overwhelms me. I scream and somewhere in the distance I hear Tony say that it'll take at least ten minutes for the EMTs to get here because of the impending traffic. Betty nods at some point and urges me to keep going. After nine minutes she tells me to push one more time and finally all I feel is relief.

        Cries fill the air and Bruce holds up a beautiful baby boy. I let out a sob and reach my arms out. Bruce hands some scissors to Steve and lets him cut the umbilical cord. We hold our baby tightly and tears run down our cheeks as we stare at the little miracle that we were blessed with.

        "What do we name him?" Steve asks.

        I smile, "James, James Steven Romanoff Rogers."

        "Perfect,"

        The others leave to give us privacy with our firstborn son and call Clint and Thor to tell them the news. Somewhere in the distance I hear sirens approaching but I don't really care. All that matters is my gift that God in heaven has granted me. The thing I wanted the most in my life. I can safely say that nothing else will ever surprise me ever again. I didn't know I was pregnant... How is that possible? Who really gives a damn about that? All that matters is that he's here. Our one of a kind surprise.