You're What?!

Natasha POV:

       I bend over the toilet seat as another wave if morning sickness rolls through. It's been a week since I found out I was pregnant with Steve's baby. Nobody knows. Why do you have to be so damn fertile ....

       I lay my head against the wall and close my eyes. There's no telling how much time has gone by when I hear a voice above me.

       "Tasha, hey, Tash, you okay? Open your eyes for me please, hun."

       Normally I would've punched someone for calling me hun but I can make an exception for this one person. My eyes flutter open slowly and Steve's face comes into view. I get up from the floor and brush my teeth.  My heart hammers inside my chest as he caresses my cheek and carries me back to my bed.

       "You okay, Tasha? " he asks.

       "Yeah, I'm fine...... just... can you stay, please? "

       He nods and slips underneath the covers with me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I melt into his wishing in some deep part of me that I could fall asleep and wake up like this everyday.

       "Steve, " I say nervously.

       "Yeah, Nat, " he replies.

       "I need to tell you something..." I swallow anxiously. " I'm ... I'm um... uh......."

       "You're what Natasha? "

       "I'm pregnant, " I manage to squeak out.

       His arms stiffen around me, " You're what?! "

       "I'm going to have a baby, " I tremble, waiting for him to say something, anything.

       "Congrates—wait— I thought that was impossible ... " he trails off.

       "Apparently not..." I mumble

       "So who's the father? " he asks, face unreadable.

       "That's what I've been meaning to tell you... " I start. "... Remember when we had that mission three months ago and had to act as a couple...?"

        He gives me a confused nod, "Yeah but what does that have to do with anything?

        "You're an idiot," I mutter. "Steve, the baby is yours."

        His eyes form saucers as he processes what I've just told him.  "I'm gonna be a dad?" he asks, eyes slightly teary. Oh God, I've ruined his life!

        "Yeah, Steve." I reply. "Look, I know you didn't ask for this so I wont force you to be in our child's life You deserve a chance to live your own life with someone you love. So don't feel obligated to be a part of our lives. I know I want this. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it or if it's even a smart choice but I'm telling you now that I will NOT kill this baby or give it up. You don't have to have any part in this Steve. You make that choice. Please don't try to be in a relationship with because of the baby. You're my best friend and if you find your other half, I wont judge or hold you to anything."

        The captain stares at me for a second before breaking out into a huge smile, "I'm going to be dad! Haha, I can't believe it! Natasha thank you!" He hugs me tightly and kisses my forehead. "You're crazy to even think I would leave you!"

        "Rogers, this is serious. You don't have to pretend to be happy about this or be with me. I'm perfectly fine with this on my own. You need to live a happy li-"

        I am cut off when he suddenly kisses me full on the mouth.

        I freeze but after about three seconds, I start to reciprocate just as passionately. His tongue ghosts along my bottom lip and I open my mouth eagerly. Our tongues collide in a tender and loving caress. Steve's hand slides into my hair and pulls me closer to him. I moan into his mouth softly as he tugs on my hair lightly. My hand slide up the front of his shirt and trace his chiseled abdomen. When we finally pull away, he stares into my eyes with an overwhelming intensity.

        "God, I love you. I really do, Nat. I'm not just saying it either. I'm always honest remember? But I love you and this baby and I would love to take you out on a real date. I was going to a long time ago but I was scared. Scared of rejection, scared of being hurt, scared of hurting you, scared of failing you, scared of you not wanting me, but now I could care less. I love you Natasha Romanoff and if you would give me the chance, I would love to make this right." Steve says.

        This time I kiss him, "Rogers, you're crazy if you think that I would say no."

A/N: I hope you liked this! I had a lot of fun writing it! Prompts are very welcome!

~Trebleclefstories