Sophomore Year Part Three; A Thing for Blonde Boys

Kennyyy(: :

Is the deed done?

Heidi stood in her room, looking down at her phone, it resting quietly on her bed. It had just been moments before that she emerged from her shower. Toweling out her hair, she felt her eyes roll sarcastically as the slight pull at the corners of her lips forced a smile onto her face.

Heidi:

Maybe it is. We still meeting in an hour?

Kennyyy(: :

That is if you still want to come over.

Heidi:

When don't I want to spend time with you?

Kennyyy(: :

Fair enough.

Heidi:

I just have to dry off and get dressed.

Kennyyy(: :

So, you're not going to show me beforehand,

I take it?

Heidi:

Where's your sense of mystery?

Kennyyy(: :

I'm an impatient man, Heidi. This should be

of no surprise.

Heidi:

And it should be no surprise, that I like to

keep you waiting ;)

Kennyyy(: :

Heidi Turner, are you flirting with me?

Heidi:

Maybe I am. What of it?

Kennyyy(: :

If this is the start of a change in you, I am so

down to see what's to come of it.

Heidi:

Is that so?

Kennyyy(: :

Hurry up and get dressed.

Heidi could not help but let out a small giggle. Kenny's eagerness to see what Heidi had done with her hair was exciting. Over their winter break, she had confided in the blonde that she wanted to change who she was. The Goth Kids that they would see every so often in the Village Inn had caused her to wonder; what was so fascinating, so liberating, about being in the darkness so willingly. Though the blonde did have his concerns, mostly a grudge he would not divulge, about her wanting to be a part of the Goth Kids. But, wanting to explore all the subsects of being a goth, he was more than supportive. Together, they had stopped at the local pharmacy after school so that she would be able to pick up a cheap box of hair dye. Raven black was the color that she had decided upon, after spending close to thirty minutes in front of the small selection of dye.

As she held the box delicately in her hands, Heidi could not help but think; what if she also changed how she did her makeup? On impulse, she had also purchased a dark red lipstick, black eyeliner and a tube of black mascara. Leaving the store, they had agreed to meet back at Kenny's house after her slight transformation. Walking home alone, Heidi felt a certain giddiness. An excitement that she had not expected before. She already had an outfit in mind from when she and her mother had gone shopping after Christmas. By that point, she had already been entertaining the idea of wearing darker clothes, picking out deep reds, purples, blues and of course, blacks.