Chapter 9

I had finally settled in my new apartment and I really liked the results. I wasn't really that excited about the whole idea but Sophie said I should have a moving in party, that it would be a good way to get back to the life I used to have in New York, back to life, back to being social like I was. So I agreed to have the party, knowing she was just trying to help me, but I just wasn't sure I was the same person I used to be anymore. I had no idea who I was without Matt, I could hardly remember who I was before he was there. Luckily I had Aaron and Sophie who was doing their best to remind me. Two hours before the party it knocked on my door, I had just come out of the shower and was really worried someone got the time wrong, I was in no way ready for the guests to arrive yet. I quickly put a towel around me and went to open the door. It was Aaron smiling as I opened the door “Hey Jen, sorry if I am disturbing you, I just thought you might need help before everyone arrives” I smiled as I let him in “You are the best!” he was carrying a big bag and went straight to the kitchen to put it down “What is that?” I asked following him in there “Oh nothing special.. I just got you a present..” he smiled pleased “You what? Why?” he looked at me like I was weird “It's a housewarming.. kinda.. right? So I got you a housewarming gift, it's pretty normal Jen” “Right.. I'm sorry.. not a big deal..” he rolled his eyes at me with a smile “Well are you going to open it or not?” “okay..” I said and unpacked the wrapping around it, “Wow Aaron.. This is amazing!” I had no idea what to say it completely took my breath away. It was a square shaped glass ball on a foot so it could stand on a table, and the square could be turned around. On the glass square there were lots of pictures on each side, on 3 sides it was filled with pictures of us from high school, most of them I had never seen before “Where did you get all of these?” “Remember how I was going through a phase taking a lot of pictures? I kept them all.. Most of them was pictures of us making weird faces” he laughed and I looked on the fourth side and my jaw dropped, it was filled with pictures of me dancing in my old studio “Wow these are amazing! How did you get these? You were never at my dance class!” he chuckled quietly “Actually... I did sneak in ones.. I just never told you. That's when I took these photos then, because you were so insecure about your dance and I wanted to show you how great you were, but I never got the chance to show you.. better late than never” I looked at him with a huge smile I could not believe he had done this for me “I don't know what to say Aaron thank you so much” I gave him a big hug “Anytime.. Now you will always be reminded of our friendship and we won't lose touch again” I smiled and went back to study the pictures and noticed Aaron running his eyes up and down my body “You might want to go change before anyone else shows up” I had completely forgot I was still in just a towel. I quickly went into the bathroom and put on my dress, and I checked how I looked in the mirror, my baby bump was really starting to show now and I knew I wasn't going to be able to hide it any longer. I had to tell Aaron soon, before someone else told him, but first I had to get through this party without anyone noticing I wasn't having a drink. Thank goodness for Sophie, she was so good with distractions I knew she would know exactly how to help me. As I was done getting ready I went back out and Aaron had already prepared everything “Aaron! You didn't have to do all of that.. You're a guest” and it knocked on my door “And if I hadn't helped you.. You wouldn't have made it in time” he laughed and I went to open the door and let the party begin..