PROLOGUE

Hey guys! Many of you probably know me for my One Direction fanfictions, but here's an original story! It's gonna be more serious and longer than my fanfictions, but I do hope you enjoy! 

Please, this is a new story, so comment, vote, and share, and if you aren't already, please follow me if you think I deserve it! :)

I ALMOST FORGOT TO CRY

Prologue

2015

Late Summer

We were out at a country restaurant. I remembered that day. I was thirteen years old. I watched as the candlelight in the little oil lamp flickered as I waited for my food to arrive. It was so pretty. Since we were at a country restaurant, it was pretty cool. I traced the grains of the stained wooden table Since I usually got window seats, I looked out the old windows, just examining the plaid mini decorative curtains.

I'd say I'm pretty detail oriented. Or, I mean, I was. Like, I noticed that even though the set of the red mini curtains looked the same, they weren't. One said 'made in China' and the other said 'made in Pakistan.' I'd love to someday go to China. Or Pakistan for that matter. My parents were just chatting away about usual topics. Like things that were happening at church or the community, my younger sister, Salome, was coloring on the back of her disposable, paper kids menu. She was only eight at the time.

Haha, I guess that I probably should have introduced myself by now. I'm Nathaniel Coreth. My middle name is none of your concern, so you should probably get your nose out of my social security before I chop that motherfucker off. I have the parts of my family that were once from Southern Russia, which we didn't even know existed. Or we thought they were from Russia. You see, I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I'm still technically caucasian, right? Like, near the caucasus mountains. My whole family aere of British-Irish descent, blue eyes, blonde hair, tall, probably considered aryan by the Third Reich.

Except for my sister Salome. She's adopted from North Africa. Benghazi Libya, and before that one scandal took place. Yes, the one that involved Obama, Clinton and those politicians. But she looks like she's from west Asia though. She has curly hair and brown eyes. We adopted her when she was about twenty months. But it's not too noticeable and she blends in pretty well with us. Okay, I know this sounds like a laundry list, but I'm only thirteen, so just bear with me now.

In front of me is my older brother, Isaiah. He's eighteen, and damn lucky. He's already an adult, haha. Already got himself a life. He's also my parent's biological child too. And the epitome of a dream child. Like, he's perfect. Or at least by society. He's tall, lean, strong, blue eyes, blonde hair. Funny, masculine, sporty. Perfect son, perfect boyfriend, perfect employee, perfect student, pretty obedient and great with women too. Dapper, dashing young man, with big futures.

"Hey look!" Salome whispered, like, really loud.

My train of thought, examining the curtains and table grains was interrupted. I looked up at Salome. She pointed the the opposite direction, a social taboo.

"Yeah?" I asked. "It's not nice to point at people." I added. But I looked across. There were two women, having dessert. They looked like college students, probably on a quick break, Like Isaiah was one right now. One was really pale, with red lips and thick, blonde hair, to her shoulders. The other was a brunette with a bob cut. She had natural lipstick and a nose ring. They both were wearing athletic clothes.

"Nathan, they were holding hands." Salome gossiped.

"Salome, it's not nice to gossip." Mom shushed.

"But it's true, and isn't that a bad thing?" She asked, in a shushed voice.

I looked back again, at the two women minding their own business. Yeah, sure, the two women were so obviously in love, like any other couple. Holding hands, making eye contact. Like anybody else would. It looked so genuine though, and so true, True love right there.